No announcement yet.

MG Maestro Turbo 400 bhp My Blog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When you write new gearbox, you really do mean new - as in "brand spanking straight out of the factory" new! Where? How?
    Membership Secretary
    Join the M&MOC | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

1990 MG Maestro Turbo #436 (To keep me occupied in retirement)
    2023 Hyundai Tucson Ultimate Hybrid(Daily run-around)
    1974 Austin Allegro Semi-works Rally Car

You know you are getting old when your knees buckle and your belt doesn't

Comment

• Yes brand new - not maestro turbo box though but - similar gearing when turbo diff is used. It has to be modified slightly not a straight swap. I bought the last one from the same eBay source as Peter.

www.mgmaestroturbo.com Home of the Twincharged Maestro.

2014 Vauxhall Mokka 4x4 Turbo - Tech line

Comment

• There acually better gearbox have the thicker shafts fitted, as Mike says have to change driveshaft seals, and speedo drive
        Last edited by charliecosworth; 24th August 2016, 16:11.
        MG Maestro turbo 437
        367 Bhp

Comment

• Clutch is repairable - either soak in solvent or get it re-lined with new friction material.
          www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
          www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
          www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

• was thinking same dan, but i ordered and paid already for new one, anyone is welcome to it if they want it.
            MG Maestro turbo 437
            367 Bhp

Comment

• I'll take it off of your hands if it is up for grabs as I was going to get a 4 paddle helix re-lined but I think this may be more interesting/road friendly.
              www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
              www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
              www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

• just cover cost of post and i will send it to you, send me PM
                MG Maestro turbo 437
                367 Bhp

Comment

• Hi Peter - did you get the new clutch kit?

Comment

• Hi Mike didn't get the double clutch after false promises and waiting 2 months, went with another helix clutch (paddle) but clutch cover has 30% more clamping force or something than last one i had fitted, considering clutch wasn't worn just covered in gearbox fluid thought it would be fine for 400bhp.

been busy weekend stripped new gearbox, removed standard diff and speedo connection.

fitted my uprated diff and mg maestro speedo fitment

my driveshafts where in need of little tlc so there not going back on.

had these little gems in the loft for some time nice set of recon driveshafts, so these have been now fitted.

so gearbox now fitted all works fine, smooth gear change and clutch doesn't lose grip, a good productive weekend, another job crossed off my white board.

MG Maestro turbo 437
                    367 Bhp

Comment

• Absolutely staggering the work/money you've put into the project Peter - all high quality as well. What's to do now - more boost to hit the 400 mark or beyond ? Still say that little dump valve needs upgraded. External waste gate next perhaps?

Comment

• not sure what to do next, liking the idea of water/meths injection you can get some really good set ups now with boost controlled with map sensors, different rates of water/meth at different boost levels early systems was just on or off, since start of project i have spent 10k in last 2-3 years, and if to sell it tomorrow be lucky to get half money back so am at a point of thinking enough is enough :-)

going to get in touch with efi parts the company who mapped it first time round, as boost controller needs adjusting and get it remapped, see what power am at now with it.
                        Last edited by charliecosworth; 29th August 2016, 14:25.
                        MG Maestro turbo 437
                        367 Bhp

Comment

• Nice weekend at the Manchester classic car show, seems Maestro/Montego getting lots of attention these days, many thanks to Tanya for letting me bring the car down

lots nice comments over the weekend cheers....

car booked in next week 24th get live mapped with new turbo and intercooler be nice if i see over 400bhp!!
                          Last edited by charliecosworth; 18th September 2016, 20:32. Reason: other picture added
                          MG Maestro turbo 437
                          367 Bhp

Comment

• Your car looks brand new Peter - must be the highest value maestro turbo! Looking forward to see what it can do - 450+hp I reckon?

Thinking of junking the twin carb route and going with Jenvey twin throttle body injection. Could be nipping at your heals sometime soon LOL....

Comment

• Thanks mike the car did get lot of attention, look forward to seeing your car when it done, but only in rear view mirror of course :-)
                              MG Maestro turbo 437
                              367 Bhp

Comment

• Well back on the rollers today did 401 bhp just past my target, would of done more but started blowing spark out and need cooler spark plugs running 7's but i need 8's that run cooler. Its a animal on the road pulls you everywhere in all gears!!

Last edited by charliecosworth; 26th September 2016, 16:11.
                                MG Maestro turbo 437
                                367 Bhp

Comment

Working...
                                X