Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1988 Rover Maestro 1.3 City X - 180,000 miles and counting.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to swap a bonnet on your own, and why my rear washer jet isn't working.

Comment

Your socket moves much faster than mine lol, always good to protect the bodywork etc when changing the bonnet
      1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
      1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
      1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
      2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
      2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

Comment

It has been a while since I posted an update here, but work continues on the Maestro. The videos are a few months behind real time so (spoiler alert) the Maestro had spent some time without an MoT, and recently went in for an MoT which it promptly failed. Luckily, the faults were minor enough that I had them fixed and in for the retest the next day and it now sports a full twelve months ticket and is back on daily duties.

Since the last video update, there's been a few more videos. If you're subscribed to the channel, you'll have already seen them. If not, here we go.

Replacing the bonnet and fixing the washer jets.

How to replace a front wing.

Fitting a replacement lower front grille and discovering more historic repairs.

Tomorrow there's another Maestro video coming out too, dealing with a bumper corner and headlights. If you haven't yet, please do subscribe so you don't miss new videos when they come out and won't have to rely on me finding the time/remembering to update you here.

Comment

New headlights, how to fit them, and how to modify them when they're not quite right. Also fitted a decent bumper corner to go with that decent wing.

Comment

The videos are always a few weeks to months behind real time. At the moment, the Maestro is looking firmly stuck in the '90s due to some period accessories I've been collecting.

Click image for larger version

Name:	774f987fd72a.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	219.9 KB
ID:	336231

Comment

Wherein we get three garages to do some stuff I don't want to/can't do.

Comment

If you've been checking the videos out lately, thank you! I've noticed a steady increase in views and likes on the Maestro content so hopefully I'm doing something right and folks are finding the content useful.

Name:	e04a921bd9c2.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	328.2 KB
ID:	336552

Comment

Let's eliminate some rust.

Comment

It's a little festive treat this time around. Going for a drive in the Maestro, snow, surprise fox, fairy lights, tinsel... it's got everything and it's less than 12 minutes of your time.

Comment

Let's take a trip to the past where they did things differently, especially rust repair.

Comment

Pretty common the arch rust, inner and outer, rear box sections all go, making a good job and it looks as though its getting there
                        1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
                        1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
                        1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
                        2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
                        2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

Comment

*Majel Barrett voice* And now for the conclusion.

You can build rear arches out of front arches, which is good because I couldn't get rear arch panels for this side but did have some spare front wings.

Comment

Been spotted out on my errands a couple of times already this year. Probably the most famous Maestro in Maidstone at this point.

Name:	14781608c45d.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	140.9 KB
ID:	337125

Name:	983eec515452.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	133.5 KB
ID:	337126
                            Need to find the time to give it a bath soon, the bottom half is turning white with salt and I'd rather not have it turn brown with rust after all the work I've done.

Comment

First bath of the year for this old trooper. Even bothered to wax it. Hasn't deteriorated too badly over the winter and this year I'm hoping to tackle more of the historic filler and rust issues to keep things happy.

Name:	baa944994eff.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	202.9 KB
ID:	337165

Comment

Time for another Maestro video, this time dealing with the passenger side rear arch. Theoretically this should be easier since I had repair panels. In practice, however...

Comment

Working...
                                X