MG Maestro Trialing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MG Maestro Trialing.

All loaded up and nearly ready for the last trial of this season. [IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG]

Just got to feed the cows and bolt down the compressor in the morning then im already! Il let you know how it goes tomorrows.

trials

Good Luck
    Beware of strange Japanese waitress bearing fortune cookies

Comment

Thanks, I need it. Im close to winning it this year and this is the decider. Cars getting a good service and revamp before the next season.

Comment

great work! -post some photos and vid on this thread in due course

Comment

Well i had car trouble during this trial so didnt finish it. I can post some pictures up of the worth but its being done as working car so probably wont be upto the standards of other maestro owners. Tho i plan to make it last. Iv primed the arches and seals today. Il post a couple of pictures soon.

Comment

hey we don't mind what it looks like , we like to see your car no matter how good or bad you think it is . come on post some pikkys up
            Tony Hague

A clear enthusiast - or a nutter?

Comment

Hi guys. Just a little bit of rust proofing that im doing. The car wont be going on the road yet but as i will be using it for trialing i thought id give it a go. The main areas that rust iv primed and painted with chassis paint as thats what iv got left over. Iv then given it a good waxoyl. Which should get into places where the brush cant. Its not perfect by anymeans but iv used the probe to get into the nocks and crannies so hopefully its a good start. Its had some welding done which dosent look great but its all solid. Im quite impressed with the car really. Anyway hears some of the pictures. The workshop is abit messy as the shed is full of hay so evrything is in here.

Comment

The waxoyling looks megger rough in the pictures buts its actually covered really well. Il keep you lot updated.

Comment

Iv just been out to put the second coat of waxoyl on. And the arches are looking great. Il see if i can take some good pictures tomorrow, Iv also put the rear shocks and springs on. Fitted a working one on the passenger while i was at it. Its gonna be weird not sqeaking all the time.

Comment

Just getting her back together. Shes having a full service im just letting the oil drain out over night. New air filter fitted new oil filter fitted. My new steering gaiters turned up today. Looks like theyre going to be pain to fit as it looks very tight, sure itll be fine tho. First trial is gonna be on 9th of feb. Really looking forward to it! Still got to fit the crank sensor aswell and il stick my spare rotor arm on aswell. Its getting there.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveMGprice View Post
                      Just getting her back together. Shes having a full service im just letting the oil drain out over night. New air filter fitted new oil filter fitted. My new steering gaiters turned up today. Looks like theyre going to be pain to fit as it looks very tight, sure itll be fine tho. First trial is gonna be on 9th of feb. Really looking forward to it! Still got to fit the crank sensor aswell and il stick my spare rotor arm on aswell. Its getting there.
                      Getting there then, nicely done
                      1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
                      1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
                      1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
                      2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
                      2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
                      2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

Originally posted by SteveMGprice View Post
                        Iv just been out to put the second coat of waxoyl on. And the arches are looking great. Il see if i can take some good pictures tomorrow, Iv also put the rear shocks and springs on. Fitted a working one on the passenger while i was at it. Its gonna be weird not sqeaking all the time.
                        Plenty of scope to add some spacers to the rear shock tops to increase the ride height at the back if required. Thats essentially what they did with the streetwise after all.
                        www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
                        www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
                        www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

Yeah it is thanks. Its got spacers on the back and i have lowered it a little cause the last owner messed with it and it didnt have any rear shocks. Couldnt find anything about the streetwise shocks tho.

This morning iv changed the crank sensor the rev counter seems to work properly after doing this. Are they related? Still got the steering gaiters to do but that can wait for the moment. Its getting there weathers not on my side not normally a problem but the ramps have started creeping down so iv decided theyre not safe to use. Back to working on the floor lol. Iv also changed the oil and filter and the air filter. Thanks Steve.

Comment

Sorry guys been awhile since iv updated the thread. The clutch release bearing went on her. So shes been replaced with a ford ka that much better at the field trials aswell. But this means the maestro is just a little project but il still use it sometime plan is it to get it to mot standard soon. Iv bought a old fiesta for my road car and have still got loads to do on the land rover as usual. Really struggling with my health this year So everythings a struggle. was the main using for using the ka for trialing at the moment. Hope your all enjoying the sun.

Steven

Comment

Well iv made a list of what i now needs doing to get it on the road.

New cooling fan
                              Front bumper making new mounts and adding ballst
                              Welding front crossmember, just finished that a moment ago
                              New windscreen, Gonna be really hard and expensive to find and buy
                              Lower arm ball joints each side
                              Swapping and painting rear door, tho not urgent helps keep motivation
                              Rear brakes need sorting, self adjusters not working
                              Properly fitting the off side steering gaiter, been a struggle with these
                              Maybe the wheel bearing tho it might be ok
                              Fixing damaged rear bumper and number plate lights
                              Attaching rear bumper, done yesterday
                              Fixing exhaust
                              Exhaust manifold gasket
                              Snapped off exhaust stud, probably head removal
                              Track rod ends
                              Rear shocks maybe.
                              Front number plate

Comment

Working...
                              X