Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Birthday page

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Happy Birthday to Peter (F690OTF) and also to F170 GGT!

    Steve Worsley

    R514 RVJ - 1998 Rover Maestro 1.3 - Restoration
    VX12 EBG - 2012 MG-6 GT 1.8T SE - Stored
    J209 PEL - 1991 Rover Maestro 1.3 Clubman - Running

    Comment


    • <BLUSHES>

      Aww, thank you all very much!

      J508 MUE is running really well, with 2 exeptions, which I am about to post in the techinal section. H902 is sitting on my parents drive, after her trip to france later in the year, I will sort her out, just need the time to do 'er up!!

      <<<P.S. Will they give you the key to the city for your 21st, or has someone nicked it as it is Portsmouth? (yes before you ask I am originally a southampton lad, well totton anyway!)>>>

      Ricky, I have the key to the 500 "City" Diesel! :laugh: Are you still in Southampton? If so, we should meet up for a Maestro poke one day, as I am not far from you!


      Rich

      Comment


      • Thanks very much. How I wish I had been driving a Maestro on my 21st birthday, rather than an automatic Fiesta. Still, it's in good condition for £0 and seems pretty economical.

        Not wishing to barge in uninvited, but let me know if you are planning to meet up in/around Southampton, I'll see if I'm free. I'm in Bassett, if that means anything to you (the council estate bit, not the posh bit on the North side!) Once again, I wish I could bring a Maestro along to compare, but I'll just have to be patient. In many ways I'm glad that my first car isn't one I'll want to preserve, because I can't really afford to do much to it at the moment.
        I can't afford to do 850 miles in 12 days, either, but hopefully that's just an extreme start .

        Comment


        • Yeah, I live in a place called Wellow, its on the way to Salisbury, Southampton is 10 miles down the road, would be good to meet up for a Maestro poke but I've got to get it to run first! Poke it too hard and youll lose your arm! :laugh:
          F690, the flowers estate???? I've heard some stories about that place, my supervisor used to live down there somewhere (the long one through the middle, is it bluebell?), told me stories of nicking capri's and pushing a burning reliant robin down daisy dip....!!! Mind you, at least it's close to the university, and that marvellous asda over at chandlers ford isnt too far either! And he reckons its got a lot better of recent years!
          Hopefully A154 will be running at some point this year, i'm just about to quit/change jobs so hopefully ill have a couple of weeks spare to fix it up a bit! Mind you, don't know where to start.....!

          Ricky.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Ricky
            F690, the flowers estate????
            The very same!
            I'm on Violet Road (or should that be Violent Road?), right opposite Cantell School. In all fairness the reputation it has, at least among students, is largely unfounded. We haven't had any problems at all, but then we're kind of on the edge. I've heard of people 'further in', as it were, who've had more problems. I've had a car here for a week now, and it hasn't sustained any damage. Someone wiped a bit of curry on it, though...
            As you say, it's very near the university. It's also nice and near the M3 and M27. Asda certainly is convenient, especially being 24 hour. I did the shopping at 1130 on Friday night. Couldn't do it without a car, though.
            In many ways I wish I was living here again next year, the location's so good, the house is pretty good, and the landlord is excellent. As it is, I'm moving in with some friends in Portswood.

            Comment


            • Happy Birthday Dave!
              Rover 200 and 400 Owners Club (for wedge shape rovers, including coupe, tourer and cabriolet). - www.rover200.org.uk

              Comment


              • Happy birthday, Dave!!!
                A closed mouth gathers no foot

                Maestro Vanden Plas
                Maestro Camper Van
                Maestro 1.3L
                Fiat 500 Sport 1.3JTD

                Comment


                • many happy's dave!!!!!! :toothy:

                  Comment


                  • Thanks guys!!!

                    Comment


                    • my i be the 1st to wish u a happy birthday mastromatt , enjoy a drink or two, of tea of course
                      Tony Hague



                      A clear enthusiast - or a nutter?

                      Comment


                      • Happy birthday!!
                        A closed mouth gathers no foot

                        Maestro Vanden Plas
                        Maestro Camper Van
                        Maestro 1.3L
                        Fiat 500 Sport 1.3JTD

                        Comment


                        • Happy Birthday MaestroMatt

                          Comment


                          • 25 again?!!!!!!! have a good one!!!!!!!!!

                            Comment


                            • Happy Birthday, Matt.
                              Is this the start of cheap car insurance?

                              Comment


                              • Happy Birthday, RDGelder.

                                It's all downhill from here! Only kidding.

                                Congratulations on your majority.
                                Rich Smith

                                "Joe", aka "The Ryton Express", aka E838 VJO. Peugeot 309SR main car
                                "Kryten", aka A560 SCW. Left hand drive MG Maestro 1600 'R' second in command
                                "Fleagle", aka F929 NNA. Montego 1.6L saloon stored, status "doubts set in"
                                "Cracow", aka CCW 925Y Maestro Vanden Plas - the oldest known to the Club stored, status "will fight another day - eventually"

                                You can email me here

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X