OH MY GOD LOOK WHAT I HAVE BOUGHT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OH MY GOD LOOK WHAT I HAVE BOUGHT

I bought this for some parts still got mot and tax till next april.19 inch wheels quaife diff perfect engine full custome stainless exhaust uprated springs and dampers induction kit samco hoses dump valve and the list goes on and on. Shame its so damn ugly.

Your thoughts please lol

Never seen anything quite like that, its certainly a mean looking bit of kit

Comment

Well you did ask for opinions, and mine is that it looks absolutely ridiculous. It's certainly attention-seeking, but instead of attracting admiration, all I see it attracting is howls of laughter.

Shame to break it for parts though. It deserves to have its dignity returned to it. But looking like that, I can understand if you were the only person to make an offer other than the scrapman.

I guess the wheels aren't bad. But even they look wrong on that car.
      Regards
      John Orrell

MG Maestro Turbos 396 and 502
      MG ZT190+ (53 plate)

Comment

Well i agree it it horrid. It runs perfectly and could be put back but the reason i bought it was for the quaife, the rest can go up for grabs. I know the guy who i had the car off and he spent well in excess of £20 k on this car. Will put some time aside to get it stripped then crack on with the maestro.

Comment

Thank you for sharing with us.
          Leave it, it's unique!
          Laughing is healthy and nobody can laugh about a common, standard car.

Comment

You're right, it IS ugly!

Get a proper bonnet and bumper on it and it should be fine. Maybe some wheels with more class, and you've got a bit of a street sleeper.

Comment

When you get over the physical shock there are probably a fair few positives. Bodywork looks good nick, and I bet it goes well if he's spend so much money on it. (Or at least it should)
              Regards
              John Orrell

MG Maestro Turbos 396 and 502
              MG ZT190+ (53 plate)

Comment

Mmmmm chavvy chavvy chavvy chavvy chavvy
                1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
                1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
                1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
                2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
                2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
                2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

Offer it up on www.rover800.info/forum with a standard diff put in.

Some one will feel sorry for it, and put it back to standard.

Mal.

Comment

I think its horrid, The body kit is from moto build and not cheap but who the hell would want it? The interior is in very good condition with no rips or tears, The question i ask is would there be any kind of demand for parts from this thing?

Simon.

Comment

Take the bonnet and other tat off then sell the car put a standard gearbox in it. These are one of the most sort after vitesse being a fastback and quite a late reg.

Comment

Sweet Jesus of Nazereth! That's very chavtastic. The first three words of this thread title are somewhat fitting...
                        Steve Worsley

R514 RVJ - 1998 Rover Maestro 1.3 - Restoration
                        VX12 EBG - 2012 MG-6 GT 1.8T SE - Stored
                        J209 PEL - 1991 Rover Maestro 1.3 Clubman - Running

Comment

Each to their own, I suppose. I still think my efforts at modifying my first Rover 800 with the assistance of some birch trees were a touch more successful though.

If £20k has been spent on this surely the car behind the silly adornments is of some value?
                          Jonathan Sellars

1987 MG Maestro 2.0 EFi
                          2011 Jaguar XJ

Comment

Originally posted by Jonathan View Post
                            Each to their own, I suppose. I still think my efforts at modifying my first Rover 800 with the assistance of some birch trees were a touch more successful though.

I'm nominating this for quote of the year
                            Sam Skelton

RED995R - Triumph Stag - Once shot by Sir Patrick Stewart.
                            E225CMV - Austin Montego 2.0HL - "Like an MG on weed!"
                            H475PDA - Rover Montego DSLX auto - Possibly unique
                            J615NJU - SAAB 9000 2.3 Turbo - Replacing gearbox. Then selling..
                            L384WRH - Citroen XM TCT SEi auto - The Starship Francoprise...
                            OV02MZY - Volvo V70 T5 SE - Replaced by above. For sale soon.
                            PA02DXB - Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur SE auto - Bought because it was cheap. Fleet getting out of hand now.

Comment

If that car was put back as standard it would make a nice car again

Comment

Working...
                              X