Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those were made over in rotherham somewhere from memory.

Still working fine on my turbo which gets a good workout everyday on very rough roads.
    www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
    www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
    www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

looks like all the hard works been done here on this....
      CURRENT FLEET:
      1986 (C) Montego 1.6 HL Estate - Owned since Feb 2011
      1990 (H) Maestro 1.3 LX -Owned since December 2001
      1978 (T) Chrysler Avenger 1.6GL - Owned since April 2011
      2006 (06) Ford Focus Titanium 1.8 TDCi - Owned since Feb 2007
      1972 (L) - Hillman Avenger 1500 Super - Owned Since July 2012

Comment

So £40 a pair then (or £20 each as I said I thought was about the top end of being right) lol

Comment

As there wasn't a lot of interest after I had mine made I don't think there were anymore produced. I had a friend make them for me along with some other bits.
          www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
          www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
          www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

I sell the Stainless steel items on behalf of MAPS/Team 78 through the MG 'M' Group. I have sold quite a few pairs and one or two as singles. I sell them for what I pay for them and make no profit for the club. People that don't want to pay the asking price don't buy any. This has always been my policy and I have never lost any sleep over it.

As discussed above, it makes more sense to produce something that has not already been remanufactured (in this case by at least two parties).

Comment

I hope my thoughts that the club can stop and think about where we are going to secure a longer future for our cars will be a positive step forward.I hope that things will be disscused and a list could be drawn up from all owners as to what is likekly to be wanted in the NLA parts and if any the alteratives are known to owners.
              Sure & steadfast.
              BMC/BL Rally 2008.First prize 1980s onward.
              1988 Montego Estate 1600L Atlantic Blue From new Daily runner
              1979 Triumph Dolomite 1500HL Pagent Blue From new 76.000 milesNow out of Hibination and into Restoration

Comment

Originally posted by TLC View Post
                I hope my thoughts that the club can stop and think about where we are going to secure a longer future for our cars will be a positive step forward.I hope that things will be disscused and a list could be drawn up from all owners as to what is likekly to be wanted in the NLA parts and if any the alteratives are known to owners.
                I don't care if i get grief for saying this, but if you want parts join the club, its members subs that will pay for it - I totally agree that we need to be making parts, but we need money to do that, and there are other things people want from the club such as this forum (paid for by members) and the Monstro Magazine - again members pay for that, attending shows and buying show materials etc - members pay for that... insurance for club events etc the list goes on. We only charge 16 quid a year for membership and at the end of the year there is not a lot of money left in the bank...

I'm just asking people to be patient, we're trying but it's very hard on the budget we have... and again, we could put the membership money up but some still think 16 quid is too much to pay

Andy
                CURRENT FLEET:
                1986 (C) Montego 1.6 HL Estate - Owned since Feb 2011
                1990 (H) Maestro 1.3 LX -Owned since December 2001
                1978 (T) Chrysler Avenger 1.6GL - Owned since April 2011
                2006 (06) Ford Focus Titanium 1.8 TDCi - Owned since Feb 2007
                1972 (L) - Hillman Avenger 1500 Super - Owned Since July 2012

Comment

Originally posted by H48HPE View Post
                  I don't care if i get grief for saying this, but if you want parts join the club, its members subs that will pay for it - I totally agree that we need to be making parts, but we need money to do that, and there are other things people want from the club such as this forum (paid for by members) and the Monstro Magazine - again members pay for that, attending shows and buying show materials etc - members pay for that... insurance for club events etc the list goes on. We only charge 16 quid a year for membership and at the end of the year there is not a lot of money left in the bank...

I'm just asking people to be patient, we're trying but it's very hard on the budget we have... and again, we could put the membership money up but some still think 16 quid is too much to pay

Andy
                  I dont think i was asking for parts for myself !!but for all owners and to bring the fact into the open that maestro and montegos owners will have trouble in the future if some thing isnt done soon to look at the future situation.
                  I am well awere that the clubs members should reep the reward if any thing comes of getting parts made.
                  Howerver if you want to shoot the messenger for trying to help see the club move positively forward then thats not encourigement to come back to the club, which probably would have happened before anything come of this debate!!.
                  Sure & steadfast.
                  1979 Triumph Dolomite 1500HL Pagent Blue From new 76.000 milesNow out of Hibination and into Restoration

Comment

i think the point Andy is making is that if these things are to happen then the first thing is for people to join or renew their membership.

We cannot succeed with anything if we don't have funds coming in.

Comment

I agree with the last comment.When I was looking for a suitable 1980s car I joined the allegro club to get on their forum as I wanted either an allegro or maestro.I was very surprised to get on the maestro forum for free.I joined the club straight after I picked up a suitable car two weeks later.I assume that the forum is free to try to keep more cars on the road but maybe the people who will not pay a membership fee would not buy new parts at todays prices anyway.In the long term I assume that the club will have to charge for every service to avoid going under.

Comment

maybe the people who will not pay a membership fee would not buy new parts at todays prices anyway.
                        Considering those "None Members" who have literally spent thousands of they're own money to save cars and parts for the good of everyone, are they included in that statement?.

It's an unrealistic and profoundly dumb suggestion to say that those who take up the offer of a free forum for the car they chose to drive, would be unlikley to buy new parts at todays prices.

My own personal experience is, that those who have the tightest wallets when it comes to Maestro and Montego Ownership are in fact club members.

And of course the club it'self.

But that is not uncommon, as many clubs (and they're membership) act the same way.

Quite a long while back the club went to the trouble of finding an engineering company willing to press factory spec fuel filler pockets.
                        A census was taken on both triple-m and this forum to see what "need" there was for them.

Total numbers exceeded 75

The club asked for a price based on a single batch of 10. This worked out at just over £60 each which included the cost of making a pressing buck etc

When I discussed this with a then committee member dealing with it, I suggested he asked for a price based on 100, which in all likely hood would reduce the price by a factor of 10, making them around £6-7 .00 each for the club.
                        Yes there would have been some left over, but at the time "owners" were willing to pay the club the original list price of £18 and change before the VAT.

I was told in no uncertain terms, that the club could not take on the risk of such a large order, and the project was dropped.
                        They gave a secondary reason that the "club could not be seen to be making a profit"!
                        (Which is exactly what larger clubs do to further the clubs cause and invest in the clubs future)

BTW:
                        The majority of those who requested new filler pockets where non members.(and offered payment up front)

Mal.
                        Last edited by MG MAL; 17th June 2012, 17:16.

Comment

I would think my record for doing the serviceing and buying Rover own brand parts for the last 24years on my car goes along way to shows how pay for my parts and will do so in the future and thus rules me out of previous comment.
                          I thought filler pockcts were made in fiba glass already but the feul pipes are nla.
                          Sure & steadfast.

Comment

To consider custom making parts and then limit your sales to the members of this forum isn't exactly the idea of champions either.

That is my point, I see a lot of stuff written about memmbers and non members, it just gives the impression from an outside point of view that it is exclusive and isn't welcoming. You are limiting your sales opportunities right there.

I don't have a club to sign up to before people buy my products, people turn up, they have a taste if they like it a sale is made. It is all very well to say we have club members but you'll only get a certain amount of members. If you start to offer good services and products people will buy them. Simple. At the moment you don't make it obvious what the club is doing to preserve the use of our cars and what services and parts you offer. If you are wanting to make more revenue to open up other opportunities you should look at other merchandising and membership offers/deals. A service pack?

Comment

Looking at the accounts from the AGM printed in the club magazine, it's clear to see the funds aren't there to start running off parts etc and the club is a small scale one with a small membership, not in the same league as the bigger clubs for more popular vehicles/brands (please don't see that as a disparaging remark - it isn't )

This is going to end up getting silly, especially seeing as the only NLA parts people have really expressed concerns about is drop linke (that we've established can be produced/obtained) and filler necks and not everyone needs either! Goes back to what I was saying about solving a problem that perhaps doesnt exist.

Mal, clearly you have a big passion for the cars and have done much to build up a supply (or stock-pile) of parts / cars, your motives for doing so are your own business (be they, love of the brand and wanting to preserve them, or seeing a possible way of combining business with pleasure and making a few quid) as I said, that's your business but it would be unfair to cast aspersions on folk as being cheapskates being cheapskates because the demand isnt there for parts at a price. It's ultimately buyers who decide on the longterm price of things, not sellers, in my experience.

Comment

MG Mal.You have shown my quote correctly but your second para is not correct or fair.I did not link free forum to new parts cost.I am aware from your previous posts that you have had a rough and expensive time trying to save cars and parts but its the high cost of tooling up for new parts that I was thinking about.As you said that cost usually has to be footed by a brave sole or as is normal by the club who spead the risk.The problem is that the non MG cars are very cheap[ in pound value terms] to buy so there is a fine line between a car being saved or not when it needs repairs.There are very few people who will restore at any cost. Without membership fees where will the tooling money come from.

Comment

Working...
                                X