Re: Forum to become members only.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Beaker View Post
    I suggest an EGM to be called (held via the internet)to discuss this matter. Are there 10 members who are willing to petition for this? If so add your names below:

Beaker
    Of course you have every right to hold an EGM, although I would hope that members would look to make every effort to resolve this matter with the committee first. I have said on the M&MOC Facebook Group that I am happy to ask the committee again to look at a 'chit chat' type section that is open, with the technical sections remaining members only. I feel that is a sensible way forward, and would that be something that you would give us time (up to a week, although I would hope sooner) to consider?

Give me a second, and I'll try and post the Constitution up for you here as that gives the details on how to call an EGM.

Comment

I'll bet I'm not alone in thinking that this isn't panning out the way the "committee 8" predicted.

Comment

That sounds like a good compromise Tanya. I'd be willing to support that.
        1985 Austin Maestro 1.3 Base (B662 DVX)

Comment

Originally posted by g200mss #146 View Post
          I have no idea how much it costs to run these things so Im just putting it out there as a suggestion. Is this an idea we can use on this forum? Just a thought

Ross
          Not much for a forum this size.
          Rover 200 and 400 Owners Club (for wedge shape rovers, including coupe, tourer and cabriolet). - www.rover200.org.uk

Comment

ive posted a poll for you to vote in on the members only forum.

Its not a committee poll - I must put that as clear as I can, this is me trying to find out what the member reaction to this is in an ordered way so that I can best represent you on said committee.

http://maestro.org.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=20766

Andy
            Last edited by H48HPE; 2nd December 2014, 18:36.
            CURRENT FLEET:
            1986 (C) Montego 1.6 HL Estate - Owned since Feb 2011
            1990 (H) Maestro 1.3 LX -Owned since December 2001
            1978 (T) Chrysler Avenger 1.6GL - Owned since April 2011
            2006 (06) Ford Focus Titanium 1.8 TDCi - Owned since Feb 2007
            1972 (L) - Hillman Avenger 1500 Super - Owned Since July 2012

Comment

One of the most amazing NON members is "G Force" so many of us would have been lost without his knowledge and help over the 11 years he has been on the forum.
              As I remember there was no "club" back then, it was just a simple humble owners forum.

*****MG Maestro Turbo # 496*****
              Follow me at
              FourNineSix

Comment

As far as I know the forum and the club came hand in hand. this forum was certainly created after the club formed, I've been a member of the club since 2001/2 time.

I can assure you the committee are listening to you guys. I suggest you members vote in my poll as the committee are interested to see the results.

Theres non of this 'committee 8' type stuff going on. we're trying to keep this club and as many of these cars on the road as possible.
                CURRENT FLEET:
                1986 (C) Montego 1.6 HL Estate - Owned since Feb 2011
                1990 (H) Maestro 1.3 LX -Owned since December 2001
                1978 (T) Chrysler Avenger 1.6GL - Owned since April 2011
                2006 (06) Ford Focus Titanium 1.8 TDCi - Owned since Feb 2007
                1972 (L) - Hillman Avenger 1500 Super - Owned Since July 2012

Comment

Originally posted by efiman View Post
                  I'll bet I'm not alone in thinking that this isn't panning out the way the "committee 8" predicted.
                  Being an old hand with committees and members, I am more than used to this. In fact, I welcome a healthy debate, but the committee was elected to make decisions such as this. We've just had an AGM and elected committee members however, we still welcome any help with running the club that members would like to offer.

Comment

I've submitted my vote Andy. I think a poll is an excellent idea, as I wasn't aware of the proposed changes until I saw Tanya's post on facebook earlier. Good to see the committee are listening to the concerns of members, and I think these concerns are valid due to the dead forums of other clubs that have gone down this route. I find this forum an excellent resource and I just can't see it being anywhere near as interesting or lively without the contributions of non-members.
                    1985 Austin Maestro 1.3 Base (B662 DVX)

Comment

I suggest an EGM to be called (held via the internet)to discuss this matter. Are there 10 members who are willing to petition for this? If so add your names below:

Beaker
                      Here's the Constitution. However, hopefully a solution can be found without the need for an EGM.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by E_T_V View Post
                        Name added

Beaker
                        E_T_V
                        Just reposting so this does not get lost in all the other posts.

For those that do not know an EGM is an extraordinary general meeting that will allow the matter to be discussed with 'all members' and everyone can have say.

Now posted in members section please add your name to the new thread.
                        Last edited by Beaker; 2nd December 2014, 19:31.
                        Rover 200 and 400 Owners Club (for wedge shape rovers, including coupe, tourer and cabriolet). - www.rover200.org.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Tanya View Post
                          Here's the Constitution. However, hopefully a solution can be found without the need for an EGM.
                          Sorry missed your posts I am on the tablet and it is slow typing. I still suggest it is the best method of resolving the matter, it can be held via Skype or other suitable web chat medium available to all

Comment

time for my 2p i guess...
                            keep the forums open to all
                            what about some kind of halfway house?
                            pay £5 a year via paypal to mmoc and be a web member..
                            we wont miss a fiver and if it goes into keeping mmoc running it has to be a good thing .
                            you get nothing extra (apart from your status changing) but you know you done your bit to keep everything running as we have come to know it.
                            Tony Hague

A clear enthusiast - or a nutter?

Comment

The Wrong idea - simple as that as many people who may not initially be interested in either chatting on forums or own one of our cars pop in to view & possibly become a member or find information on a car for sale thus saving it & then they may either become part of the forum or join up.

I am however happy enough to join up with one issue - Why does the club on this topic have to be the same as all these bloody annoying companies who send out forms via email then expect you to PRINT IT OFF & POST? I do NOT have a printer so on this basis I can't join!!
                              Last edited by The Express Valeter; 2nd December 2014, 19:56.

Comment

Originally posted by Russ View Post
                                Whilst I am a member, I do not agree with closing the forum to non members.
                                There are quite a few people on here who are not members but are absolute fonts of knowledge when people have trouble with their vehicles. Its been mentioned in a previous post that some people only use the forum to get their cars through an MOT, well isn't it the duty of the club to ensure that as many MMs as possible remain and are not scrapped prematurely? Also if a non enthusiast comes on the forum for help he or she is more likely to offer the car on here rather than scrap it.
                                Finally surely this place is a shop window for the joys of MM ownership

I think the committee should reassess this issue and if possible but it to a vote of members as I think the club will collapse
                                Well I didn't really want to get involved but I think people now need to air their views.
                                I have been a member for a number of years and am passionate about maestros' and Montego's. I would agree entirely with the above views and would under no circumstances want the forum to be available to members only. There are a number of non members who freely give their time and expertise to help the wider community. Perhaps rather than make the forum members only could paid up members get say enhanced priviledges and access?.
                                Whilst I totally agree that the club needs to move forward I do not think this is the correct path to take.

Ray
                                MG Montego efi C928TBL - Moonraker blue
                                Austin Montego Mayfair C943KOE - Clove brown
                                MG Maestro 2.Oi H352MOF - Black

Comment

Working...
                                X