Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jeanius! View Post
    Hi all!
    I've made some changes to the site this morning which I believe has improved site speed, but let me know what you're experiencing now and if it has helped at your end!
    I'll take a look at the 'New Posts' button and see what's happened to it.
    The site has upgraded from Version 3 to Version 5 which is a pretty major upgrade - but the lack of button will be a change from vBulletin themselves, so I will look into it and get back to you.
    It is still very very sloooooooow, I bet I would get a faster speed on 56k dialup.
    Rover 200 and 400 Owners Club (for wedge shape rovers, including coupe, tourer and cabriolet). - www.rover200.org.uk

Comment

Still dreadfully slow to load pages, possibly due to the vast amounts of wasted space and extraneous info being displayed.
      What used to be visible at a glance on one page / screen now needs multiple scroll-downs to view.
      Also are all our old PMs lost? as 'messages' section is all empty / blank.
      midget1380@btinternet.com

Comment

Originally posted by Beaker View Post

It is still very very sloooooooow, I bet I would get a faster speed on 56k dialup.
        OK, I'm on it - bear with me. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Comment

Originally posted by mgdavid View Post
          Still dreadfully slow to load pages, possibly due to the vast amounts of wasted space and extraneous info being displayed.
          What used to be visible at a glance on one page / screen now needs multiple scroll-downs to view.
          Also are all our old PMs lost? as 'messages' section is all empty / blank.
          Hi David,
          The main messages page is the notification page, if you press 'Inbox' on the left hand side, this should bring up your messages.
          Let me know if not, I'll look in to it.

Comment

[QUOTE=mgdavid;n316168]...possibly due to the vast amounts of wasted space and extraneous info being displayed.
            ./QUOTE]

Agreed.
            Rover 200 and 400 Owners Club (for wedge shape rovers, including coupe, tourer and cabriolet). - www.rover200.org.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Jeanius! View Post

Hi David,
              The main messages page is the notification page, if you press 'Inbox' on the left hand side, this should bring up your messages.
              Let me know if not, I'll look in to it.
              My Inbox has a grand total of 5 messages in it, there was a lot more than that on the old site. Whereas my Sent messages now has 3 whole pages going back to 2004, most of which I had deleted on the old site.
              Where have the Inbox ones gone, and how did the Sent ones come back?

Comment

Originally posted by mgdavid View Post

My Inbox has a grand total of 5 messages in it, there was a lot more than that on the old site. Whereas my Sent messages now has 3 whole pages going back to 2004, most of which I had deleted on the old site.
                Where have the Inbox ones gone, and how did the Sent ones come back?
                Hi David,
                On the old site, the statistics are showing as 14 messages in the inbox, on this site it's showing as 12.
                I can see that you have a load more sent items that have appeared though!
                I have raised a support ticket with vBulletin and also mentioned that you can only see 5 of the 12.
                I will let you know what they come back to me with.

Does anyone else have any issues with their Inbox?

Comment

Thanks - please keep me updated.

Comment

It looks like the majority of posters to the forum at the moment are not having their avatar displayed. Is this another problem that needs a cache clearing?
                    Membership Secretary
                    Join the M&MOC | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

1990 MG Maestro Turbo #436 (To keep me occupied in retirement)
                    2023 Hyundai Tucson Ultimate Hybrid(Daily run-around)
                    1974 Austin Allegro Semi-works Rally Car

You know you are getting old when your knees buckle and your belt doesn't

Comment

mark all forums read... have i just not seen it yet?
                      Tony Hague

A clear enthusiast - or a nutter?

Comment

I have tried it. I just so dislike this new forum template. You have to do several clicks to get to where you want and it is not intuitive. There is also a vast amount of wasted space of which I have to scroll through.

Comment

Originally posted by Beaker View Post
                          I have tried it. I just so dislike this new forum template. You have to do several clicks to get to where you want and it is not intuitive. There is also a vast amount of wasted space of which I have to scroll through.
                          I tend to agree regarding the specifics of looking at the latest posts. If you choose the 'Todays Posts' link at the top of the main page, and then select one of the items shown, you are taken to the very first post of the thread concerned. However if you click on the post link in the forum section where it is located, you are taken to the first post on the page where the latest post is found. In both cases, it should really take you directly to the latest post in the thread as this is what the viewer is wanting to read.

As an aside, the site seemed to be down at about 9:30 this morning. Hopefully that was planned and not a problem.
                          Membership Secretary
                          Join the M&MOC | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

1990 MG Maestro Turbo #436 (To keep me occupied in retirement)
                          2023 Hyundai Tucson Ultimate Hybrid(Daily run-around)
                          1974 Austin Allegro Semi-works Rally Car

You know you are getting old when your knees buckle and your belt doesn't

Comment

Working...
                          X