Bugs/issues and feedback for new website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bugs/issues and feedback for new website

One thing I've spotted is I can no longer send PM's. Apparently I'm over my quota by 93 messages!

You have reached your stored private message quota of 100 messages. You have 193 messages saved combined in your private message folders. You cannot send any further messages until space has been created.
    Responsiveness is dire too. it has taken me 15 minutes just to get to the point where this message will submit.

Ooops I spoke too soon.

Resource Limit Is Reached

The website is temporarily unable to service your request as it exceeded resource limit. Please try again later.
    www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
    www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
    www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Can you check your inbox now? I've just updated the settings for private messages.

Page load is shocking, I totally agree - I'm working on it at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by E_T_V View Post
      Resource Limit is Reached

The website is temporarily unable to service your request as it exceeded resource limit. Please try again later.
      I just hit that one as well. Waited for 2 minutes, tried again and all OK.

Also having a lot of problems when using Firefox on my Win7 PC, but so far IE appears to be behaving itself.
      Membership Secretary
      Join the M&MOC | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

1990 MG Maestro Turbo #436 (To keep me occupied in retirement)
      2023 Hyundai Tucson Ultimate Hybrid(Daily run-around)
      1974 Austin Allegro Semi-works Rally Car

You know you are getting old when your knees buckle and your belt doesn't

Comment

It also does not work properly on my tablet. I get a big logo overthe menus.
        Rover 200 and 400 Owners Club (for wedge shape rovers, including coupe, tourer and cabriolet). - www.rover200.org.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Jeanius! View Post
          Can you check your inbox now? I've just updated the settings for private messages.

Page load is shocking, I totally agree - I'm working on it at the moment.
          Fixed. Thanks. Nice touch on it saving draft messages that failed to be sent. Just a bit odd that the draft is still saved even after the message is sent!.
          www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
          www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
          www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

Site much faster now - massively improved over old website. It would be a nice touch if we could use a banner in our signature promoting a website maestro/montego related. Quite a few links are broken in the links page that need to be deleted.

www.mgmaestroturbo.com Home of the Twincharged Maestro.

2014 Vauxhall Mokka 4x4 Turbo - Tech line

Comment

Yep, all seems to be working a lot better now. You must have originally wired the flux capacitor the wrong way round!

Comment

well ive just come back from holiday and the old maestro/montego web site as gone
                its early days but i do not like the new site but i guess i will get used to it in time.
                just like the brexit with britain out of europe.
                i will have to sort my way around it.
                does it still have the option of making the page change colour.

Comment

There appears no "take me to the new post button" once entering a topic and I have also struggled to reply to posts. It keeps coming up with an error.
                  Rover 200 and 400 Owners Club (for wedge shape rovers, including coupe, tourer and cabriolet). - www.rover200.org.uk

Comment

All previous images from me have gone, including my 'how to' headlining. How do I now change my signature please?
                    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 8th July 2016, 19:39.
                    1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
                    1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
                    1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
                    2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
                    2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

Comment

Just found that I can't attach an image to a personal message - get informed its an invalid format. My avatar isn't displaying against any of my posts or the top banner and I had been forgotten again when I first opened the forum page; had to log in all over again. Will check if this is a Firefox issue, or general.
                      Membership Secretary
                      Join the M&MOC | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

1990 MG Maestro Turbo #436 (To keep me occupied in retirement)
                      2023 Hyundai Tucson Ultimate Hybrid(Daily run-around)
                      1974 Austin Allegro Semi-works Rally Car

You know you are getting old when your knees buckle and your belt doesn't

Comment

Originally posted by Beaker View Post
                        There appears no "take me to the new post button" once entering a topic and I have also struggled to reply to posts. It keeps coming up with an error.
                        There is for me; it's a tiny green circle with a white triangle within it pointing downwards, immediately to the left of the thread title.
                        midget1380@btinternet.com

Comment

Originally posted by Beaker View Post
                          As above - if you click on the arrow rather than the topic title, it will take you to the latest post. The title will just take you to the beginning of the topic.
                          What's the error that you're getting?

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Turbo View Post
                            All previous images from me have gone, including my 'how to' headlining. How do I now change my signature please?
                            Looking in to this now. Seems to be a vBulletin error that has been fixed on 5th July. I'm going to have to run the whole procedure again on a development site. Bear with me, it may take some time to complete.

To edit your signature, go to Your Profile > Edit Settings > Account > Edit Signature
                            Last edited by Jeanius!; 9th July 2016, 06:11.

Comment

Originally posted by Sussex Pete View Post
                              Just found that I can't attach an image to a personal message - get informed its an invalid format. My avatar isn't displaying against any of my posts or the top banner and I had been forgotten again when I first opened the forum page; had to log in all over again. Will check if this is a Firefox issue, or general.
                              I've just sent you a message with an attachment on and it all worked okay. What file format was the image or what was the file size?
                              I can see your avatar perfectly on your posts - can someone else confirm that they can see the Pink Panther?

Your login problems sounds like Firefox is caching the forum homepage. So, it loads a cached page rather than what's there. If you clear your cache, you should find it's a lot better.

Comment

Working...
                              X