Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trials prepared MG Maestro

Hello im Steven.
    Iv recently rescued this MG Maestro from somebodies garden. His son used it for car trials and pretty much wrecked it. Hes damaged the door and windscreen. The clutch and gearbox had also gone so it was sat there for 2 years till i mentioned if he still had it. So £200 later and collecting it on the car trailer and a land rover full of spares it was mine.

The car was built ip for car trials about 10 years and has been competed and used and has done very well. Its been lifted all round but iv lowered it slighty on the back cause who i got it from had messed with it and it didnt have any working dampners cause of this. I know the man who built it before he had it so i just ask him questions about it. Its had a couple of bits of welding on one sill but the rest is really good. Well apart from a wheel arch and a couple of door bottoms.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

My passion is my land rover im afraid Which iv rebuilt onto a new galvanised chassis. Iv kept it tatty looking. I had a stroke when i was 20 and can be abit thick at times cause of it. [IMG][/IMG]

Iv been nosing on your forum for ages so i thought id sign up.

Comment

Hi and welcome!

It looks like someone has had lots of fun in that Maestro!
      *****MG Maestro Turbo # 496*****
      Follow me at
      FourNineSix

Comment

I think iv got this image size thing sorted.

[IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Awesome,, love it
          1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
          1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
          1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
          2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
          2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
          2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

Hi landy looks good whats the plan on the maestro?

Comment

Thanks for the welcome. Yeah its been used hard. Over Christmas when im rid of the girlfriend. I plan to to just go over it and rub down and paint it up underneath. And just seeing what itll need for a mot. I plan to put her back on the road next year so itll be nice to have a list of jobs to do on it. Its actually pretty sound and shouldnt need alot doing. Mainly a good service. The cambelt was changed. Its just gonna get abit of service aswell. Quite looking forward to doing it really. Something different from land rovers and fathers beetle. I need to sell my Citroen C2 first really as the insurance is up soon.

I did fall in love with this car before about 3 years ago. Shame i didnt know he was selling it and it lended up in the wrong hands.

Just a video clip of what i do trialing and what the maestro has been doing for many years.

Found her in action!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9k4T-_o3Nxs

And a longer one from this years trial. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pf5lBFUeqXg

Comment

Originally posted by SteveMGprice View Post
                Over Christmas when im rid of the girlfriend.
                Splendid
                1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
                1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
                1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
                2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
                2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
                2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

Im a fan of the on board compressor for those nothing's gonna stop me moments!

Comment

Originally posted by countrydude View Post
                    Im a fan of the on board compressor for those nothing's gonna stop me moments!
                    Its surprising how many friends you make at the end of a trial with a onboard compressor lol. Its the 3rd car its been in!

So how do you guys find getting replacement parts then?
                    Last edited by SteveMGprice; 5th December 2013, 08:39.

Comment

Working...
                    X