Another Maestro Turbo owner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Maestro Turbo owner

Hi! Just thought I'd introduce myself, as I have just made a fairly rash decision and bought a 1989 Maestro Turbo in BRG from Fleabay and without seeing it first!

The car will be stabled in East Sussex and will more than likely not see the light of day for another 12 months, as it will need engine out and attention to the crank before it turns a wheel in anger.

Once I get going though, you'll probably find me a frequent visitor to the forums to both seek and supply information. Hopefully you are all a friendly and helpful lot!
    Membership Secretary
    Join the M&MOC | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

1990 MG Maestro Turbo #436 (To keep me occupied in retirement)
    2023 Hyundai Tucson Ultimate Hybrid(Daily run-around)
    1974 Austin Allegro Semi-works Rally Car

You know you are getting old when your knees buckle and your belt doesn't

Welcome Pete, you have done the right thing by joining here & you will find we ARE a friendly & helpful bunch with a wealth of information.

Comment

turbo

Welcome Pete, Andy is right everybody is very helpful hope you enjoy car when you've finished it, I have a brg one as well,good luck with the restoration.
      Beware of strange Japanese waitress bearing fortune cookies

Comment

Based in Brighton

Hi, me and my MG Maestro 2.0i in BRG are based in Brighton. Not too far away I assume. Mine will be back on the road 1st April.

Norman got any photos of the Maestro and 6 together yet? The orange and green will look fab! I hope to take some shots the beginning of April.

Comment

mg6 brg together

Hi Jez, I haven't got any pics yet [not together anyway] are you going to p.o.l ?

Comment

Thats not a proper MG !

Just put this photo, on the MG6 forum. Done in a hurry, so the cars are pretty dirty. Will try to do better when the Maestro is taxed next month.
            Attached Files

Comment

not a proper mg?

Hi Jez, just to clarify which ones not a proper MG ?

Comment

Originally posted by Jez View Post
                Hi, me and my MG Maestro 2.0i in BRG are based in Brighton. Not too far away I assume. Mine will be back on the road 1st April.
                I'm about 20 miles inland from you in Uckfield, so its good to know that there are other like minded fools (sorry! fanatics!) in the near vicinity.

PM me your address, as I get down to Hove and Brighton fairly regularly. Maybe we can get together some time...
                Membership Secretary

Comment

Hello and Welcome aboard!

If you need it there is loads of help and resource from this forum.

I live in Hayward's Heath and Maestro Turbo 345 (BRG like yours) is stored in Horsham so not far from you.

Good luck with rebuild, good to see another one on the forum.

C

Comment

Welcome to Maestro Turbo ownership!

Comment

mg brg

hi pete,is that the turbo from Birmingham that was on ebay ?
                      steve

Comment

Originally posted by leeds1972 View Post
                        hi pete,is that the turbo from Birmingham that was on ebay ?
                        steve
                        Hi Steve, Yes it is. Apparently it has passed through Leeroy's hands as well, so I've had a heads up as to how bad it probably is
                        Membership Secretary

Comment

Originally posted by chrisl View Post
                          Hello and Welcome aboard!

If you need it there is loads of help and resource from this forum.

I live in Hayward's Heath and Maestro Turbo 345 (BRG like yours) is stored in Horsham so not far from you.

Good luck with rebuild, good to see another one on the forum.

C
                          Hi Chris, Thanks for welcome and as we are comparative near neighbours, we'll have to get together sometime with both BRG Turbo's. I'll let you know if thats going to be this year or next ..
                          Membership Secretary

Comment

Originally posted by Sussex Pete View Post
                            Hi Chris, Thanks for welcome and as we are comparative near neighbours, we'll have to get together sometime with both BRG Turbo's. I'll let you know if thats going to be this year or next ..
                            Chris and his dad are nice blokes and easy to chat to Pete
                            1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
                            1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
                            1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
                            2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
                            2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
                            2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

brg turbo

hi pete,forgot to say welcome.the reason I ask wether it was the one from brum is cos we were talking about it at work and trying to fathom out how fuel ended up in the sump wrecking the bearings ? looked a lovely looking motor.were the bearings rattling ?shouldn't big ends knock ? and finally ,how did the fuel get in the sump ? not being nosey,just curious.hope you manage to sort it ok.cheers mate,steve

Comment

Working...
                              X