Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all im new to this forum i have bought a rough 1988 Montego Turbo some of you may have seen it for sale last year in Weston-super-mare looked in a very sorry state but it looked worse than it is , I was going to reshell it even bought a good shell but decided to keep it original so cut the quarter panel off it to replace what was'nt there and work has now started need doors bonnet and a fair bit of welding the ns is worse so hoping to do bits whilst doing other jobs and projects as want the Scimitar sorted this year and to some shows Thanks Martin

Welcome Martin! First request is which build number Turbo do you have and hopefully you are aware of our Turbo celebrations that will be happening throughout the year. As for what you are undertaking, it sounds a bit deja vue for me, as the one I bought back in spring 2014, only needed a "mechanical overhaul, ahem" but really needed the same level of bodywork attention as yours is having. God luck with it, and keep us updated with your progress. search for parts, joys and frustrations!
    Membership Secretary
    Join the M&MOC | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

1990 MG Maestro Turbo #436 (To keep me occupied in retirement)
    2023 Hyundai Tucson Ultimate Hybrid(Daily run-around)
    1974 Austin Allegro Semi-works Rally Car

You know you are getting old when your knees buckle and your belt doesn't

Comment

It’s a Montego Pete!

Sounds really good Martin, some pics would be great. I am so pleased you didn’t reshell it, it is such a shame when they lose their proper true identity. I have a 86 Montego Turbo which I am very slowly restoring so I will be watching this for updates!
      Gavin

Comment

Originally posted by G4GLM View Post
        It’s a Montego Pete!

Sounds really good Martin, some pics would be great. I am so pleased you didn’t reshell it, it is such a shame when they lose their proper true identity. I have a 86 Montego Turbo which I am very slowly restoring so I will be watching this for updates!
        Gavin
        So it is! My brain concentrated on the word Turbo and ignored the preceding one! Duh!
        Membership Secretary
        Join the M&MOC | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

1990 MG Maestro Turbo #436 (To keep me occupied in retirement)
        2023 Hyundai Tucson Ultimate Hybrid(Daily run-around)
        1974 Austin Allegro Semi-works Rally Car

You know you are getting old when your knees buckle and your belt doesn't

Comment

I’m the same when the wife says I can go for a beer when I’ve finished the washing up, the beer word takes precedence!!

Comment

Gavin I didn't know yours was an 86,same here.Does it have four electric windows?

Comment

Originally posted by mrjones View Post
              Gavin I didn't know yours was an 86,same here.Does it have four electric windows?
              It does yes. It was registered January 87 but the first owner bought it in November 86 and wanted it first registered in 87! It has only had one owner before me. I have estimated (vin numbers compared with others) it was built about August / sept 86. Is yours currently on the road, I so wish I could get mine finished, fingers crossed for this year. Just to add - the original owner told me it was a “all white” limited edition. It has an all white brochure in the handbooks but it doesn’t say on the logbook so I’m not sure! It is all white though!
              Last edited by G4GLM; 14th April 2018, 20:18.

Comment

Welcome aboad Resot (Martin?).
                Good luck with the Monty. Where are you located? It's always good to know if there are any enthusiasts near by that can lend a hand.

Cheers,
                Ian
                Ian Drew
                MG Maestro Turbo '400'
                MG ZT V8
                Rover 75 V6 Estate

Comment

No Gavin mines in the process of a full restore,it's an 86 with the turbo decal interior which I have already restored,pics are on here somewhere.

Comment

No Gavin mines in the process of a full restore,it's an 86 with the turbo decal interior which I have already restored,pics are on here somewhere.
                    I’ll have a dig and see if I can find them. My front seats are pretty good, the back ones need sorting but I haven’t had any joy getting replacements.

Comment

Are they the seats with the red diagonal stripes? If so I have a brand new original rear seat cover.its the larger section of the rear seats.Just don't know whether to part with it as it must be so rare.
                      regards Stuart.

Comment

This one?

Comment

Hi Mr Jones I'm currently looking for all the rear seats in that style, so that cover you have would make a start. What kind of £ you after for it? Ad do you or anyone else have any other seat parts in this style? Kind regards Luke .

Comment

This one?
                            yes that’s it. If you do decide to part with it let me know. Yes it is extremely rare! It would complete my interior lovely but I do understand if you’d rather keep it, honestly I’ve tried everywhere and I doubt you’d find another.

Comment

Get on and finish it Stuart. Its taking FOREVER lol
                              1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
                              1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
                              1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
                              2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
                              2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

Comment

Working...
                              X