MG Maestro Turbo No.271 White G941 CPD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MG Maestro Turbo No.271 White G941 CPD

Hi there, just signed up. My dad bought his MG Maestro second hand in I think around 1992. Only 13,000 on the clock at that time and now still only 53,000. Anyhow, I used to work at Auto Express in the nighties and one of my clients was David Brodie who founded - BBR (Brodie Brittain Racing). His company did a major revamp on the engine and is now possibly THE fastest MG of any type on the road. 0-60 (5.2) and top speed (150 mph). For the past 5 years it was stuck in my dads garage but I got a complete renovation and overhaul done on the car last year. Looks the part and gets some curious looks in the local Morrisons carpark in Reigate . Now registered as a classic car the insurance on this beast is still under 200 pa. My dad said I could have it as he can no longer drive but, the legacy lives on....aside from the boy racers who wrapped theirs around trees and lamp posts....

Sounds intresting. Any pictures. What spec is the engine?
    MG Maestro Turbo #500
    BMW 335I M Sport Convertible
    Subaru Impreza Hawkeye Wagon

Comment

Hi Andy, G941 CPD was featured in Retro Car Magazine 7 years ago. Still got the mag so enclosed is the article....sorry my scanner is broke so took photos on phone.

Cheers!
      Chris

Comment

Standard look as well very nice. Had a look on eBay for a used magazine but couldent find that one. Cant read the print on them pictures.
        MG Maestro Turbo #500
        BMW 335I M Sport Convertible
        Subaru Impreza Hawkeye Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by chriswield View Post
          Hi there, just signed up. My dad bought his MG Maestro second hand in I think around 1992. Only 13,000 on the clock at that time and now still only 53,000. Anyhow, I used to work at Auto Express in the nighties and one of my clients was David Brodie who founded - BBR (Brodie Brittain Racing). His company did a major revamp on the engine and is now possibly THE fastest MG of any type on the road. 0-60 (5.2) and top speed (150 mph). For the past 5 years it was stuck in my dads garage but I got a complete renovation and overhaul done on the car last year. Looks the part and gets some curious looks in the local Morrisons carpark in Reigate . Now registered as a classic car the insurance on this beast is still under 200 pa. My dad said I could have it as he can no longer drive but, the legacy lives on....aside from the boy racers who wrapped theirs around trees and lamp posts....
          Nice, I do hope its insured for over 10,000. You'd be surprised how many under insure these
          1958 Ford Consul Convertible. Away for the winter
          1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Undercover for the winter
          1984 MG Montego EFi in black. Digital dash, putting back together
          2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
          2004 MGZT V8. Back on the road. Away for the winter

Comment

Working...
          X