MG Maestro Turbo No.271 White G941 CPD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MG Maestro Turbo No.271 White G941 CPD

Hi there, just signed up. My dad bought his MG Maestro second hand in I think around 1992. Only 13,000 on the clock at that time and now still only 53,000. Anyhow, I used to work at Auto Express in the nighties and one of my clients was David Brodie who founded - BBR (Brodie Brittain Racing). His company did a major revamp on the engine and is now possibly THE fastest MG of any type on the road. 0-60 (5.2) and top speed (150 mph). For the past 5 years it was stuck in my dads garage but I got a complete renovation and overhaul done on the car last year. Looks the part and gets some curious looks in the local Morrisons carpark in Reigate . Now registered as a classic car the insurance on this beast is still under £200 pa. My dad said I could have it as he can no longer drive but, the legacy lives on....aside from the boy racers who wrapped theirs around trees and lamp posts....

Sounds intresting. Any pictures. What spec is the engine?
    MG Maestro Turbo #500
    BMW 335I M Sport Convertible
    Subaru Impreza Hawkeye Wagon
    Rover 218vvc Coupe

Comment

Hi Andy, G941 CPD was featured in Retro Car Magazine 7 years ago. Still got the mag so enclosed is the article....sorry my scanner is broke so took photos on phone.

Cheers!
      Chris

Comment

Standard look as well very nice. Had a look on eBay for a used magazine but couldent find that one. Cant read the print on them pictures.
        MG Maestro Turbo #500
        BMW 335I M Sport Convertible
        Subaru Impreza Hawkeye Wagon
        Rover 218vvc Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by chriswield View Post
          Hi there, just signed up. My dad bought his MG Maestro second hand in I think around 1992. Only 13,000 on the clock at that time and now still only 53,000. Anyhow, I used to work at Auto Express in the nighties and one of my clients was David Brodie who founded - BBR (Brodie Brittain Racing). His company did a major revamp on the engine and is now possibly THE fastest MG of any type on the road. 0-60 (5.2) and top speed (150 mph). For the past 5 years it was stuck in my dads garage but I got a complete renovation and overhaul done on the car last year. Looks the part and gets some curious looks in the local Morrisons carpark in Reigate . Now registered as a classic car the insurance on this beast is still under £200 pa. My dad said I could have it as he can no longer drive but, the legacy lives on....aside from the boy racers who wrapped theirs around trees and lamp posts....
          Nice, I do hope its insured for over £10,000. You'd be surprised how many under insure these
          1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
          1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
          1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
          2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
          2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

Comment

Hi all. I had my MG Maestro Turbo fully restored last year. Tickford No.271 G941 CPD - White. As good as new Only problem is the automatic choke. Not working too well so takes a while to tick over. Anyone know a supplier for one of these? Even my local garage are struggling. My MG has been with them for the past month trying to get the part. BTW - It is most probably the fastest MG on the planet. I had it chipped 20 years ago by one of my clients - Brodie Brittain Racing in Northampton. She does 0-60 in 4.8secs and top speed - 150mph. I've had her up to 130mph on the mad mile in Banstead - (I kid you not). Anyway, if anybody knows where I can locate a replacement choke please feel free to reply or call my mobile - 07889 006768. Regards, Chris

Comment

All depends on what the issue is with your auto choke Chris
              1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
              1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
              1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
              2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
              2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

Comment

Hi, basically the automatic choke is shot and I need a replacement. Cheers! Chris.

Comment

However, I'd still go with turbo/carburetor over EFi any day....

Comment

She sounds like a jet when going....

Comment

You could say "a wolf in sheep's clothing" . Or, just a crappy Maestro shell....

Comment

Working...
                      X