Hello, and Maestro Radiator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello, and Maestro Radiator

Hello, my name is Richard and this my first post since joint the group.
    Since last June I have been the proud owner of a 1986 Maestro 1.3L. The previous owner made a really great job of its restoration, which included extensive mechanical and bodywork repairs.
    I'm currently looking for a replacement radiator for the car (Vin No: 371585). I notice that Rimmer Bros do stock a radiator, but it seems to be for the earlier version, up to Vin 367393. I'm having trouble locating the correct radiator for my vehicle and I wonder can help with the correct part number or suggest a supplier.
    Any help would be much appreciated.
    Many thanks
    Richard Deas
    Last edited by RmDeas; 11th January 2024, 11:33.

Is this any good?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/115690740393

Comment

Thanks for the link, I did have a look at that one on eBay, but it doesn't look like the one in my car.
      I contacted Rimmer Bros, and although they don't have one, they told me the correct part no was APU9515. Further investigation confirmed the part was listed here...

https://www.motor-doctor.co.uk/produ...ngine-radiator

The drawing on the Motor Doctor website looks about right. Unfortunately, it's out of stock as well, but I found a VALEO RM1148 version on eBay and have ordered it,
      I'll let you know if it fits!!!
      Fingers Crossed.

Comment

Hi Deas
        Just bought a radiator for my 1.3. had to get it from Portugal, but service was excellent and no problems with delivery.
        Company is :-
        OLIVEIRA & VALENTIM, LDA.

Web :- www.oliveiravalentimlda.com

Part number :- GRD982 (ADU9515, GRD107), Radiador, Austin Maestro 1.3 (8/1985 to 7/1989), Montego 1.3 (4/1984 to 4/1989)

Appeared to be NOS so fitted in just fine :-)

Any queries please post back
        Jerry

Comment

Hi Jerry

Thanks for the link, looks like a very interesting site, I'll bookmark it for future reference.

The radiator I ordered from eBay has now arrived, and it seems to be correct for my 1986 1.3L Maestro, still to be fitted, but looking positive so far.

For information, it's a Valeo 730592, RM1148, Rover ADU9515

Richard

Comment

There is a guy selling a 1.3 rad on the clubs Facebook page
            1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
            1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
            1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
            2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
            2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
            2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

Working...