Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old member, new Montego

Hi everyone.

After years of looking and one failed purchase (guy shook hands on deal then welched on it) I finally bought my dream white 1987 MG Montego Turbo. It’s a New Zealand car imported a few years ago with 149,000 km on the clock with a nice stack of receipts and history. If I can I’ll upload some pictures. This is a major nostalgia hit for me as I drove my mums white MG EFI aged 17 when I passed my test.

Car can benefit from a bit of use and there are a small number trim and items to source and with a wiper issue which needs more urgent attention (the driver wiper sweeps past the A-pillar, but overall it’s incredibly solid.

Planning on attending the 13th April pride of long bridge - can I come and park with the club cars if I do?

Matthew

Comment

Nice to know you've managed to achieve your dream. Look forward to seeing it at some of the shows. There always seems to be a good representation at the North East and Yorkshire shows. Looks nice. I always liked white diamond and with the colour keyed wheels.

Comment

Thanks very much. Looking forward to getting out and about. I’m keen to get hold of some EFI 14” alloys else I’m going to have to run it on the 15” lattices it also came with. Whilst the tyres on the metric wheels are like new, they are of indeterminate age so I need to run it on something newer. Always likes the white dished EFI wheels.

Comment

Yes just turn up and find the maestro montego stand, Tanya is normally in charge.
          1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
          1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
          1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
          2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
          2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
          2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

Thanks Jeff. Will do. Just need sone time now to look at the things you’ve suggested and see if I can fix these issues.

Comment

Originally posted by MatthewL View Post
              Thanks Jeff. Will do. Just need sone time now to look at the things you’ve suggested and see if I can fix these issues.
              I'm sure you'll sort them but Pol has been cancelled
              Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 4th April 2024, 15:33.
              1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
              1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
              1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
              2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
              2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
              2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

Working...
              X