Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
User Profile
Collapse
Profile Sidebar
Collapse
MatthewL
1.3L
Last Activity: Today, 11:54
Joined: 21st March 2022
Location: Leeds
-
Have a brilliant drive out! I’m missing using mine. Just need to change the head gasket again and change the oil yet again and I can enjoy some Montegoing too!...
-
Yes. It’ll be like shelling peas! I don’t want to get up be an expert on it though … I want the thing to just flipping work!
Leave a comment:
-
Yes, it was wild optimism on my part that it would be a successful fix. Head off again....
Leave a comment:
-
I’m not sure how far off it was. I know that after driving the car I could tighten the bolts in some cases as much as a full turn with the new torque wrench. I suppose it’s possible some of that would be the expected re-tightening but I think my wrench must have been a way off....
Leave a comment:
-
Hi Jeff. Vinny did the head gasket but with my problem torque wrench which is where I think it has gone wrong.
Adrian at XJ Rover has managed to sort me out with a turbo oval head gasket which is good news.
Where you refer to the oval seal I’m trying to picture what...
Leave a comment:
-
-
-
Seems it was never not gone. My duff torque wrench meant it wasn’t torqued right after the head skim. I then tightened to the correct torque after finding coolant on the oil. It’s evidently not fixed it so I think it’s a head-off, check, and new gasket. I checked the block fur cracks...
Leave a comment:
-
MG Turbo head gasket set
I understand for my 1987 car I need a turbo specific head gasket with an oval oil hole. I’d be most grateful if anyone has one for sale. Many thanks. Matthew...
-
I always try removing switches, saturate them inside with contact cleaner and toggle the switches scores of times and “rinse” with yet more contact cleaner. It’s brought many things back to life.
Only loosely related but 25 years ago I had an old BMW with a window switch...
Leave a comment:
-
Well Jeff - yes and no! I’m using it and enjoying it. However today, the coolant had dropped. Cannot see where it has gone. No leaks on pipes. Worrrying. Need to check it’s not in the oil but I couldn’t see that the level had definitely risen but, and when I released the cap it was...
Leave a comment:
No activity results to display
Show More
Leave a comment: