Hi folks. I have a 1993 Countryman. The N/S electric window won't lift. I can hear a click if you press the down button, but nothing when you push the up. I have swapped the switches over as I thought it may be a poor contact but nothing. (The passenger switch works if you put it on the driver's side) I have not taken the door card off yet, but from experience is it likely to be a poor connection or am I looking for a new motor or regulator complete?
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Front Passenger window not lifting
Collapse
X
-
The last time mine did that it was one of the plugs into the controller with a dirty contact, the time before that it was the same problem, but in the door multi connector which is just in front of the door in the passenger footwell, worth checking before you do any dismantling. Iirc you can 'hotwire' the motor from the controller plug, which will tell you whether the fault is towards the door, or towards the switch. Controller is on the glovebox lid next to the wiper controller.
-
I always try removing switches, saturate them inside with contact cleaner and toggle the switches scores of times and “rinse” with yet more contact cleaner. It’s brought many things back to life.
Only loosely related but 25 years ago I had an old BMW with a window switch that only worked if I revved the engine - must have been the fractional extra voltage which would kick start a marginal motor. I sold the car before I found out if it was a dodgy motor or corrosion in the circuit losing excess voltage. I suspected the motor as it was all or nothing i.e. it didn’t work slowly, it wouldn’t start
Comment

Comment