Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bulbs

Hi
    where is the best place to buy replacement bulbs? The part numbers shown in the handbook do not seem to be available in stores, Halfords etc. some need replacing in my maestro 1600 automatic.
    Many thanks.
    Seth

Apart from the dashboard bulbs they are fairly common types that Halfords etc should stock, taking the old bulb with you might be an idea. Indicator, rear fog, reversing lights are ba15s p21w, repeaters and front sidelights are t10 capless 5w, stop/tail are BA15d p21/5w. As far as I know these should be numbers that most places will recognise (ba= bayonet fitting, 15= diameter in mm, s=single filament, d=double filament, numbers are power.

Comment

Thanks for the the info mate. Unfortunately it is dashboard lights I’m looking to replace. I’ll take the old bulbs with me and see if I can match them.
      regards
      Seth

Comment

Originally posted by SethD View Post
        Thanks for the the info mate. Unfortunately it is dashboard lights I’m looking to replace. I’ll take the old bulbs with me and see if I can match them.
        regards
        Seth
        Aaaahhhh...I wondered if it might be the dash ones, I think it is possible to get them, but there are a selection of similar but not quite right ones available. I'm sure someone got some led ones from ebay, I'll try to find out what number they were, as it might help you to find some normal ones.

Comment

That would be great if you could. I imagine LEDs would be ok.
          cheers
          Seth

Comment

Hi Seth, I found the listing, I guess t4.2 is the key piece of information, they seem quite cheap anyway..https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/333103049306
            good luck
            John

Comment

Thanks John. Much obliged.
              Seth

Comment

Hi John
                just to let you know I’ve found some dash lights from the info you gave me. Hopefully they’ll be ok. Very cheap.
                Thanks for your help.
                Seth

Comment

Originally posted by SethD View Post
                  Hi John
                  just to let you know I’ve found some dash lights from the info you gave me. Hopefully they’ll be ok. Very cheap.
                  Thanks for your help.
                  Seth
                  no problem, hope they do the job, as far as I know they are fairly standard across Maestro / Montego (except digidashes & maybe some very erly ones), so should be right...very cheap is the best price to gamble with anyway!
                  John

Comment

Go look at the post that Jez posted today in the General Maestro & Montego section. A place in Portugal has loads of NOS parts including the Green bulbs!
                    Membership Secretary
                    Join the M&MOC | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

1990 MG Maestro Turbo #436 (To keep me occupied in retirement)
                    2023 Hyundai Tucson Ultimate Hybrid(Daily run-around)
                    1974 Austin Allegro Semi-works Rally Car

You know you are getting old when your knees buckle and your belt doesn't

Comment

Working...
                    X