Electric Mirror switch anomolies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electric Mirror switch anomolies

If you happen to have problems with your electric mirrors not responding to the switch movements, then you need to be aware that although the switch was used on a number of other Rover models, the pin-outs are different on some. The difficulty is that they are all known by a single part number of AFU4106 that has now been superceded by YUF101890. This switch is used on the MGF and that seems to be the most popular source of adverts, but the pinout connections are totally different to those used on the Maestro & Montego. So whilst it may move a mirror it will not be the one you were expecting or in the right direction! The only way to recify this would be to open the switches and swap the printed circuit boards located inside. Of course, this won't help if the printed circuit board happened to be the source of your original problem! Rover 200/25 switches are ok and should be a direct swap.
    Last edited by Sussex Pete; 2nd January 2022, 20:12.
    Membership Secretary
    Join the M&MOC | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

1990 MG Maestro Turbo #436 (To keep me occupied in retirement)
    2023 Hyundai Tucson Ultimate Hybrid(Daily run-around)
    1974 Austin Allegro Semi-works Rally Car

You know you are getting old when your knees buckle and your belt doesn't

Interesting..I've never tried a newer version, as I've been able to find Discovery/Freelander 1/Range Rover ones, which all seem to be the same.. I spy a typo though, which might throw anyone that goes straight to the new number...an extra 1 has sneaked in https://rimmerbros.com/Item--i-YUF101890PMP

Comment

Originally posted by Doctordiesel77 View Post
      ...an extra 1 has sneaked in https://rimmerbros.com/Item--i-YUF101890PMP
      Damned key bounce! I've corrected my original post. Thanks for the spot. The Rimmers site, I think, has a wholesale supercession to the newer number. So will only be the the Bay of E where you could still find the version we need. Basically previously used is now the only way to go.
      Membership Secretary
      Join the M&MOC | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

1990 MG Maestro Turbo #436 (To keep me occupied in retirement)
      2023 Hyundai Tucson Ultimate Hybrid(Daily run-around)
      1974 Austin Allegro Semi-works Rally Car

You know you are getting old when your knees buckle and your belt doesn't

Comment

Originally posted by Sussex Pete View Post

Damned key bounce! I've corrected my original post. Thanks for the spot. The Rimmers site, I think, has a wholesale supercession to the newer number. So will only be the the Bay of E where you could still find the version we need. Basically previously used is now the only way to go.
        No problem....they do imply that it is just a number change, so a good job you spotted that it isn't that simple!

Comment

Working...
        X