Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doctordiesel77
    replied
    If you find one that is a member of https://fer.co.uk/ you shouldn't go far wrong, probably be dearer than a 'normal ' engineering firm tho'. 1600 head is cast iron, so easy to do.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    No idea then sorry

Leave a comment:

• TLC
    replied
    I want recomendateions .Iam not just picking anyone

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    There are plenty of engineering companies in Leicester who can do that for you if you search.

Leave a comment:

• TLC
    replied
    Where in the Midlands (Leisecter ) should i get the head skimmed

Leave a comment:

• TLC
    replied
    Haha easy he says ,I might need a hand

Leave a comment:

• ian drew
    replied
    It's a nice easy engine to work on, especially when it's out of the car. Last time I did the head gasket on o
    ne most parts were still available form eBay. Good luck and I'm sure all the help you need will be gladly provided on here.

Leave a comment:

• TLC
    started a topic 1.6 rebuild

1.6 rebuild

Iam attempting to rebuild my origanal engine ive never done one before and maybe mad as iam not in the best of health since i lost mum last year .
    However i need to try and with your help and guidence as to what to do and where to have things done ect .
    I know it had overheated piror to haveing the hg done but i removed it as it was easyer for me to swap it oiver for a unipart gold seal one that to do the oil leaks att.It isw also leaded 88 but ran on unleaded for several years without issues apart from any unseen ones
    Attached Files
Working...
X