Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lower ball joint

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by evansm View Post
    I am quite capable of reading my VIN number, however none of the spares I have, tie in with part numbers you have indicated.
    The part number GSJ225 are correct up to vin 242414 after that it was side specific so you would need an angled balljoint
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 11th October 2013, 09:32.
    1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
    1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser finished
    1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
    2004 Rover 75 Conny auto
    2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by evansm View Post
      I am quite capable of reading my VIN number, however none of the spares I have, tie in with part numbers you have indicated.
      Link to both sides so take your pick, as they are both from the same company you can ring them and confirm which side you need

      http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Austin-Mae...item19e26a7b20

      http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Austin-Mae...item1c36da780f
      Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 11th October 2013, 09:41.
      1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
      1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser finished
      1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
      2004 Rover 75 Conny auto
      2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by evansm View Post
        ...... I have a couple of spares, .... the ones I have seem to be symetrical .....:
        if you have the symmetrical spares then if you look up your VIN number and it's 242414 or lower you will know they are they right ones for you, won't you.

        Maybe you're asking the wrong question, try - ' I have spare bottom balljoints <Make> and <partno> , does anyone know if these are the early or late ones?
        midget1380@btinternet.com

        Comment


        • #19
          David,

          Your posts in this thread whilst being informative & useful they are also coming across very patronising

          I hope you understand it just doesn't look great to someone asking for help.

          Cheers

          Oli.

          Comment


          • #20
            some people are hard to help when they speak in riddles and make simple things unnecessarily complicated . I have a lot of information, most of it is in the public domain and people just need pointing in the right direction. If you'd rather I didn't bother just say so, no problem.
            midget1380@btinternet.com

            Comment


            • #21
              Please continue to share your wealth of knowledge, as it is invaluable to many. However please do it in a nice and tolerant way.

              Comment


              • #22
                Id agree with Jeff, definately best to take the whole wishbone off - i recently done one of mine and even on the garage floor with some heat and a big mallet, they were a pain to get out!

                best of luck

                Comment


                • #23
                  Many thanks to all for the help, I left the wishbone in place ,suported by a trolley jack, and drilled out the rivets from the top, thankfully no problems.
                  I also replaced the outer CV boot, I used the stretch type with a cone, it went on a treat,
                  thanks again,
                  Mike.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by evansm View Post
                    Many thanks to all for the help, I left the wishbone in place ,suported by a trolley jack, and drilled out the rivets from the top, thankfully no problems.
                    I also replaced the outer CV boot, I used the stretch type with a cone, it went on a treat,
                    thanks again,
                    Mike.
                    Splendid, did you do both sides,? you will probably need to check the tracking now
                    1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
                    1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser finished
                    1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
                    2004 Rover 75 Conny auto
                    2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Only did the one side, had MOT advisory last time for joint and boot, fortunately both the same side, I'll save the other side for the better weather,
                      re the tracking, I assumed this would'nt be disturbed?.
                      Mike.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        It depends on if it has been setup with a worn joint. I.e. tracked with a worn joint. If so then fitting a new joint may put it out again.

                        Most places will check the tracking for free and charge only if it needs adjustment.
                        www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
                        www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
                        www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X