Headlights Interchangable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headlights Interchangable?

I have a 1993 1.3 Maestro Clubman and just bought a haeadlight assembly. The one that arrived is from a 1985 model.
    The configuration of the electrics are different as is the area at the back where the main bulb goes in, it is a screw fixtue instead of the rubber boot.
    Will this be ok to put in to a 93 model and if so what do I need to do to make the electrics ok?

Cheers
    S

There should be no difference between pre-86 cars and post 86. They have the same part number on the EPC. Are you sure you have a saloon headlamp as the only different item in that area is for the van which is more rectangular in shape. Neither of them have a screw in bulb fixing, however the van headlamp has a large flange fixing, rather than the 3-eared type on the saloon.
    Membership Secretary
    Join the M&MOC | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

1990 MG Maestro Turbo #436 (To keep me occupied in retirement)
    2023 Hyundai Tucson Ultimate Hybrid(Daily run-around)
    1974 Austin Allegro Semi-works Rally Car

You know you are getting old when your knees buckle and your belt doesn't

Comment

the van one is a different size, so more noticeable, the other possibility is that it is from a Leyland Roadrunner, which had identical lights, but a more watertight bulb cover, I think the main bits are the same though, so should just be a case of swapping the wires over from one to the other..

Comment

The one my car has is the one with the rubber boot, https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUSTIN-RO...UAAOSweExaA0yJ
        the other is the one with a hard plastic screw back. The wiring is different. I'll post some photos today so you can see what I mean

Cheers
        S

Comment

this is a Roadrunner one, with screw on back, if this is what you've got, or similar to it, you should be able to use original rubber boot and headlamp wire, and connect the red and black wires to the sidelight, or it should be possible to use original sidelight bulb holder? https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/leyland-r...MAAOSwcklZkXPC

Comment

Working...
          X