Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil pump issues

Hi all.
    After a few hours spent cleaning my engine, probably high on petrol fumes, while wheeling it back in to the garage it decided to leap off my tool chest. Where the filter screws on to the pump, the pump is broken. Some expletives were released. It could have been worse I thought as I had a spare in the loft. Appears the spare oil pump is a spare for a different O-series based engine, see photos. The pump appears to be the same in all ways, even has the feed for the turbo, but has no hole to screw in the pressure switch! Any thoughts as to what I have, whether it can be modified, or whether I can effectively use a T-piece to connect turbo feed and pressure switch?
    Cheers,
    Ian
    Ian Drew
    MG Maestro Turbo '400'
    MG ZT V8
    Rover 75 V6 Estate

Looks a bit different Ian, is there a blank where the oil switch would go? If so it's just drill and tap
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 27th January 2019, 11:33.
    1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
    1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
    1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
    2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
    2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Turbo View Post
      Looks a bit different Ian, is there a blank where the oil switch would go? If so it's just drill and tap
      looking at the picture there seems to be a blank further down and at a different angle, between the purple circle and the oil filter?

Comment

Working...
      X