Brake caliper part number

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake caliper part number

Hi does anyone know if part number BHW198 front brake calliper is for the drivers side and would it fit a austin meastro 1.6 s series vented discs

I'm not 100% certain, but think that is a left hand side one for non vented discs. The right side are hard to find for some reason...

Comment

Part number BHW198 is coming up as front right for vented discs and left front for non vented discs for some reason.

Comment

That part number is also BAU4402 and is also saying it will fit drivers front .

Comment

BAU 4402 is left hand non ventilated according to epc, 100% on that 'cos I just looked...If you fitted it to other side the bleed screw would be at the bottom which might make things difficult.

Comment

More useful information might be that the rh ventilated one is BAU 4930 which was superceded by GBC 102

Comment

Would BAU4401 fit the front drivers side with solid discs?

Comment

Originally posted by Duke92 View Post
                Would BAU4401 fit the front drivers side with solid discs?
                yes and it's alias is GBC 104

Comment

I made a mistake my car already as solid discs sorry didn't realise I put vented

Comment

Originally posted by Duke92 View Post
                    I made a mistake my car already as solid discs sorry didn't realise I put vented
                    at least you noticed before buying bits! not sure that it'll be any easier to find tho'

Comment

I found one on Ebay BAU4401 for £50 so thank you for your knowledge on this one cheers

Comment

no problem, all's well that ends well

Comment

Working...
                        X