MG Maestro 1600 gearbox question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MG Maestro 1600 gearbox question

I'm ordering a new LSD for my MG maestro 1600 R series 83 Y. What size crown wheel will it have? 2 are quoted for the vw 020 box, 111mm and 109mm, which size is the maestro box?

I don't think it will come with one, but I don't know for sure.

Comment

I would suggest that you speak to the LSD supplier as the size reference is in relation to early VW Golf, Jetta or Scirrocco models. While the gearbox model number may be the same on the MG the internals and final drive will probably be different. At a guess, the sizes could relate to the crown wheel diameter. The different sizes indicating a different ratio, but that is only a guess.
      Membership Secretary
      Join the M&MOC | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

1990 MG Maestro Turbo #436 (To keep me occupied in retirement)
      2023 Hyundai Tucson Ultimate Hybrid(Daily run-around)
      1974 Austin Allegro Semi-works Rally Car

You know you are getting old when your knees buckle and your belt doesn't

Comment

All, yes the LSD bolt plate can carry a 111mm crown that's already in the box or a 109mm. That measurement is the internal measurement of the existing CW. Just wondered if anyone had that info.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr bump View Post
          All, yes the LSD bolt plate can carry a 111mm crown that's already in the box or a 109mm. That measurement is the internal measurement of the existing CW. Just wondered if anyone had that info.
          If you go into the 'motorsport' section you should be able to find someone that either knows the answer, or can find out for you (as long as you stick to the 1600's!)

Comment

FYI the workshop manuals (both factory and Haynes) dont carry that detail so it can only be from someone who has been down the same path
            Membership Secretary
            Join the M&MOC | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

1990 MG Maestro Turbo #436 (To keep me occupied in retirement)
            2023 Hyundai Tucson Ultimate Hybrid(Daily run-around)
            1974 Austin Allegro Semi-works Rally Car

You know you are getting old when your knees buckle and your belt doesn't

Comment

Working...
            X