Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maestro TD needs new CV Joint, all ebay ads reject it

Why?

A normal motor factor should be able to supply them, they aren't a weird size as far as I know.

Comment

I ordered one two years ago from a local motor factor , going by the reg no , they got me one that did not fit : different number of teeth . I took the old one there and they ordered the right one . after checking and double checking it seems that the computer was right going by the registration number but my engine and gearbox most likely may have been changed a few years ago hence the mismatch , I know ebay usually is cheaper than the shop but failing that bite the bullet and go the local motorfactor

Comment

I have fitted these and the joins are very good but the flange on the nut is a bit big and sits on the radius of the sub axle. the nuts they sell separately are fine.
        https://www.jandrcvjoints.co.uk/rove...cv-joint/JR337

Comment

That is very interesting Robert, if they are still available I will order one, at that price I wont worry too much if it doesn't fit, was your car a Turbo Diesel?
          Thank you so much for your reply.
          I cant wait till Monday!

Comment

thart
            2 sheds

Today, 20:22
            That is very interesting Robert, if they are still available I will order one, at that price I wont worry too much if it doesn't fit, was your car a Turbo Diesel?
            Thank you so much for your reply.
            I cant wait till Monday!

Comment

turbo diesel montego, but the part number is the same for the maestro.
              https://www.jandrcvjoints.co.uk/rove.../cv-joints-510

Comment

The CV Joint was fine Robert, I had it fitted by a garage that I use and it is silent in use and I am very grateful, I think that you have helped me before with a front suspension unit that collapsed, you found a replacement on ebay, so thank you again for that WOW
                Cheers Tom

Comment

good good, we have had the joints on for over 3 years now and they are fine, even the rubber boots.

Comment

That is so good to know, I was waiting for the crunchy noise at every corner, it has gone now, thank you so much for the help.
                    Cheers Tom

Comment

Working...
                    X