Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adjusting the Co on throttle body 2.0EFi engine

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Adjusting the Co on throttle body 2.0EFi engine

    Can anyone say with certainty in which direction (clockwise - anticlockwise) you need to turn screw on throttle body to adjust the Co ?
    To increase the Co is it clockwise or anti ?
    thanks
    Chris
    Last edited by Soulcharger; 20th June 2022, 16:32.

  • #2
    Back from my hols now. To lower the fuel ratio it's anti clockwise, to increase its clockwise. So if running rich you screw anti clockwise
    1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
    1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser
    1984 MG Montego EFi in black. Digital dash, nearer completion
    1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
    2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
    2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Jeff Turbo View Post
      Back from my hols now. To lower the fuel ratio it's anti clockwise, to increase its clockwise. So if running rich you screw anti clockwise



      Here's what I have, a low Co but running rich, we've tried turning the screw to increase the Co to it's required 2 - 2.5% but couldn't get above 1.5% (according to the AR manual need to do this before tune-up and setting idle speed). Of course then it's running even richer so we turned it back to approx. 1.00% as you see Lambda value at about 0.9. Any advice ?
      Regards
      Chris
      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220620_141808230_HDR~2.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	1.20 MB
ID:	335628

      Comment


      • #4
        I'm guessing you have ruled out any other part of the fuel management part of the system.? Air flow meter, coolant sensor , all injectors are clear etc. and have followed Gary's advise of setting the mixture and idle?
        1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
        1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser
        1984 MG Montego EFi in black. Digital dash, nearer completion
        1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
        2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
        2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Jeff Turbo View Post
          I'm guessing you have ruled out any other part of the fuel management part of the system.? Air flow meter, coolant sensor , all injectors are clear etc. and have followed Gary's advise of setting the mixture and idle?


          New coolant sensor (better reading on the dashboard), new fuel ECU, new idle valve, will take a look at air filter to see if anything miss there but not air flow meter. My throttle body is MZW 1017 those don't have the mixture screw it's blanked off. I need a temporary fix until next week should I reduce the Co to reduce the rich running ? Thanks

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Soulcharger View Post

            New coolant sensor (better reading on the dashboard), new fuel ECU, new idle valve, will take a look at air filter to see if anything miss there but not air flow meter. My throttle body is MZW 1017 those don't have the mixture screw it's blanked off. I need a temporary fix until next week should I reduce the Co to reduce the rich running ? Thanks
            You can only give it a go Chris. Try turning it the other way and see what that does.
            1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
            1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser
            1984 MG Montego EFi in black. Digital dash, nearer completion
            1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
            2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
            2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

            Comment


            • #7


              You can only give it a go Chris. Try turning it the other way and see what that does.

              It's not driving any worse needs to do a 500km journey this weekend, will start looking seriously at what could be wrong (making a long list I suspect) and letting a Bosch electronic garage take a look. My guess is that there's a blockage/leak/broken seal/gasket etc because outside of this engine runs fine. Made some headway on the potentiometer, change the Philips screws with hex nuts as we couldn't tighten the screws enough and it stays a magnificent 325mv constantly now .

              Thanks for you input & advice
              Chris


              Comment

              Working...
              X