Maestro Turbo.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maestro Turbo.

Anyone know of a good maestro turbo engine rebuilder. Don't ask.

Originally posted by Skyliner1 View Post
    Anyone know of a good maestro turbo engine rebuilder. Don't ask.
    Have you blown it up giving it too much? What makes you think it's the engine problem? A lot of engine builders think you can substitute efi pistons for turbo but they're not the same. You can get piston rings and crank bearings as they are the same as an efi , quite easily if original and not plus something. Rimmers sell piston rings at plus nothing as i know when I re-built my sons turbo engine
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 16th July 2022, 14:34.
    1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
    1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
    1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
    2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
    2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
    2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

Hi Jeff
      Got Salad Cream in the oil filler cap, so suspect a possible head gasket, also when starting car get a huge puff of smoke from the exhaust so suspect valve stem oil seals.
      Funnily enough, it doesnt seem to be using oil, or losing water.
      Thanks

Comment

Mayo in the oil filler does necessarily mean head gasket failure as if you only drive short distances that happens. What colour is the smoke and has this just started or always happened.?
        You don't need an engine builder if it is headgasket etc as it's quite easy to rebuild an 0 series head.
        1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
        1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
        1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
        2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
        2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
        2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

Thanks Jeff
          the MG always starts well, and doesn't seem to have lost any if its performance, and if my misses is following me, doesn't smoke while running, although she does say it smells rich.
          The smoke colour is bluey/grey, and seems worse after a few hours. Like if I have driven to an event after standing for a while get a huge puff out the back. This has been going on for a while now, but when it went into Summitt MG for its service and mot, asked if they could help, they told me, Na, don't get involved in this sort of thing. Hang on a minute, aren't you supposedly a classic mg expert. Told me they would have to send the car somewhere else, not impressed.
          I know Roberts MG smashed the rear screen on my car when it was last with them, but thinking about using them again. Don't have a lot left in the mg budget
          thanks

Comment

Will continue to use the MG as long as possible, but don't look good, longterm. Have totally run out of budget for any extra work on the MG, can't afford an engine rebuild..
            jeepers, didn't realise that after spending a fortune on bodywork, that mechanical problems would bite me in the ass.. ah well, as long as it still starts, will use it as long as possible

Comment

Working...
            X