Austin maestro 1.6 s series 1989

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Austin maestro 1.6 s series 1989

Hi guys my alternator has packed in can any of you confirm if unipart GXE2114 alternator is the right part for Austin meastro 1.6 s series 1989 with no power steering

Originally posted by Duke92 View Post
    Hi guys my alternator has packed in can any of you confirm if unipart GXE2114 alternator is the right part for Austin meastro 1.6 s series 1989 with no power steering
    GXE2114 is the 65A police/aircon spec alternator, exactly the same as the standard one, but with a higher output (standard is 55A). If it is a reasonable price then buy it, if it is expensive there are other options in the Land Rover parts bin that are the same, also the alternator is an A127 which is relatively cheap and easy to rebuild.

Comment

There is one GXE2114 on Ebay been in a garage for years item number 324985194548 I am wandering if it would be any good

Comment

The listing seems to be avoiding any sort of guarantee that it works! Looks to be the right alternator tho'

Comment

I found another the same as that and it's new unused but has no pulley or fan on it are they easy to get off my existing one.

Comment

They are usually not too bad to get off, iirc there is a hex hole in th shaft for an allen key so you can stop it turning while you undo the nut. Other option is to hold pulley with a strap wrench & use an impact wrench. The pulley should just wiggle off, if it doesn't, the easiest way to loosen it is to hold the pulley & rattle the shaft with an sds drill on rotary stop setting, theydo generally come off without resborting to too much violence tho'...

Comment

Thanks for you help on this one John I have ordered a GXE2114 alternator I will crack on with getting the old pulley off while I wait for the part

Comment

Fitted the new alternator today. the old pulley and fan came off quite easy. fitted a new belt and tensioned it aswell the car runs lovely now

Comment

Originally posted by Duke92 View Post
                  Fitted the new alternator today. the old pulley and fan came off quite easy. fitted a new belt and tensioned it aswell the car runs lovely now
                  It is nice when things go as they should, Happy Motoring

Comment

Working...
                  X