Maestro manual choke ecu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maestro manual choke ecu

Hi does anyone know where I can get a ECU for manual choke part number ADU9337 I broke down last week car overheating called the aa they tested the fan switch that's working ok and the temperature sensor that works they think it could be the ECU I have a photo of my ecu
    Attached Files

The ECU wouldn't cause the car to overheat. Does the car run properly other than overheating? What happened to make it breakdown was it just overheating?
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 6th August 2023, 13:23.
    1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
    1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
    1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
    2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
    2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
    2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

It just overheated temputure gauge when straight up to the red with warning light bubbling from the expansion cap with no cooling fan kicking in if ECU is not at fault could it be a faulty temperature sensor or radiator fan switch?

Comment

Maybe I should change the thermostat that could be the problem aswell

Comment

Yes it runs properly no problems only the overheating issues

Comment

If the temperature guage goes straight to overheating it could be either, temperature sensor, fuel ecu or a fault with the dash display from memory. If you do a search on here there are a few threads with the same issue over the years which could help you. I think gary (GForce) put up a few years ago how to test the wiring so that could also help you.
            If its genially over heating, give bit a flush, change or check the thermostat. Is the expansion cap overflowing as that would indicate it's too hot, if not then it's not overheating it's possibly a fault I've listed above
            Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 7th August 2023, 05:52.

Comment

I will try all the problems you listed above. and I will search what others have listed with similar problems thanks for the info and I will let you know how I get on cheers Jeff.

Comment

You can also check if the fan is working by bridging the connections to the fan sensor in the rad

Comment

Hi Jeff I have flushed the coolant renewed the coolant.changed the radiator fan switch. and the temperature sensor also the thermostat fan is now working temputure gauge is now reading just over half trying to get a airlock out now any ideas it is bubbling in the top and bottom hose?

Comment

I have had the expansion tank cap off while running the car I have been squeezing the air from top hose and bottom hose but it still has a lot of air in the system.

Comment

Originally posted by Duke92 View Post
                      I have had the expansion tank cap off while running the car I have been squeezing the air from top hose and bottom hose but it still has a lot of air in the system.
                      Put the heater to hot on the screen and the fan to maximum, leave the car ticking over. Your heater should have hot air coming out. Check the top and bottom hoses for heat. It is air coming out of the expansion tank top and not gases from the engine ?

Comment

I put the heater on hot and fan to maximum I have hot air coming out I have now got all the air out of the system the cooling fan is now working perfectly it is now running with the temperature around about half so hopefully it is will be ok.

Comment

Working...
                        X