R series bucket shim size/diameter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R series bucket shim size/diameter

Morning all, can any member tell me the size/diameter of the bucket tappet shims in an R series 1.6 engine?
    I'm finding it difficult to locate a shim kit to reshim my R series, so looking at other manufacturers to source.
    Thanks all.

They are definitely the same as S series, not sure if this helps or not tho'. I haven't got any loose ones to measure. I thought they were the same as o series/sd1/etc etc, but not 100% sure about that...

Comment

Does any member have a shim kits or shims for the R and S series to sell?

Comment

They are like hen's teeth now. For info the o-series ones are 15.5mm diameter, but I'm not sure if S-series are the same. Good luck

Comment

I had a few minutes to spare on the microfiche this evening and can add this info to the conversation:

R Series and S series are definitely the same as each other (thicknesses and part numbers). Thicknesses range from 0.097 inch to 0.149 inch. Part numbers run from CAM8758 to CAM8817
          Strangely, the related Maxi/Allegro E-series engines have a different set of part numbers (32H310 to 32H321, 32H910 to 32H918, 32H975 to 32H980) although the available thicknesses are exactly the same and the same bucket (32H42) is used on all E, R and S series engines.

O series part numbers do not match R/S series (the O series numbers are actually Rover/Triumph numbers, so I would guess they could be the same as those used in the Dolomite or 2300/2600 SD1 engines).

1983 (Y) MG 1600
          1985 MG EFi with digital dash (owned since 1987)
          1987 700 City 1.6 Van
          1988 Tandy camper 2.0D
          1990 Advantage, just 29k on the clock
          1990 Clubman D
          1990 MG 2.0i (spares donor)

(all Maestros)

Daily drive: Rover 25 GTi

Weekend rave: Honda Civic Type R GT

Current projects: Allegro 1.7HLS, Allegro Equipe

Comment

That's brilliant, thank you for the info. ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by grogee View Post
              They are like hen's teeth now. For info the o-series ones are 15.5mm diameter, but I'm not sure if S-series are the same. Good luck
              Thank you gorgee. ;-)

Comment

Working...
              X