Maestro/montego fuel filler neck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maestro/montego fuel filler neck

Does anybody know if the maestro petrol cars had the same fuel filler neck pipe has the diesel cars

Originally posted by Duke92 View Post
    Does anybody know if the maestro petrol cars had the same fuel filler neck pipe has the diesel cars
    The filler necks changed over the years as unleaded petrol came in to replace leaded, unleaded has a smaller neck. I'm not sure if the diesel pipe is wider or not compared to unleaded. An older type unleaded would fit I should imagine if you can get one
    1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
    1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
    1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
    2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
    2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
    2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Turbo View Post

The filler necks changed over the years as unleaded petrol came in to replace leaded, unleaded has a smaller neck. I'm not sure if the diesel pipe is wider or not compared to unleaded. An older type unleaded would fit I should imagine if you can get one
      Thanks for the info Jeff I will start looking for one hopefully I will find one. When the car was hit it was petrol everywhere the filler pipe is damaged when they assessed it I will have to renew from the filler to the tank if I want to get it back on the road

Comment

Originally posted by Duke92 View Post

Thanks for the info Jeff I will start looking for one hopefully I will find one. When the car was hit it was petrol everywhere the filler pipe is damaged when they assessed it I will have to renew from the filler to the tank if I want to get it back on the road
        Easiest way is to get one fabricated and reuse the top part. Exhaust fabricator should easily be able to do that for you
        1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
        1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
        1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
        2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
        2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
        2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

Working...
        X