LHD TO RHD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LHD TO RHD

Whats involved in changing a lhd '86 monty to a rhd?

The main problem I could see is changing the wiring harness which is quite a big job.
    Other than that the other items would be the steering rack, dash and front lights

Comment

As above, but don't forget the pedal box too. Not impossible (as that is what ledbury cars are mostly). Easier if you have a donor to rob things from.
      www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
      www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
      www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

I forgot that Dan. Another quite major job sorting out the brake plumbing

Comment

do the windscreen wipers sweep the other way on LHD? i.e. will enough screen be cleared for MOT?
          midget1380@btinternet.com

Comment

Yes, but will not fail an MOT on it, you might want to swap them over anyway though, there were a few imported cars in the 60's and 70's with "wrong way round" wipers, not illegal, but annoying..

Comment

Yes the apple 2000 cars use the "wrong" way around wipers (and door mirrors).
              www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
              www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
              www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

...Small point, but also the repositioning of the remote boot and fuel filler levers by the drivers seat, entailing perhaps shorter cables (you could effectively shorten the inner cables by removing the ends at the boot and fuel filler, cutting the cable to suit and soldering the ends on.
                M&MOC Committee Member - Archivist
                Join the M&MOC | Visit the Club Shop | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

Comment

cheers thanks for that

Comment

Working...
                  X