Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• collector board damage after 1000Km Engine 2.0i

Hello,

I’m replacing twice the admission and collector board in my engine 2.0i.
    The board is damaged after 1000.km.

Do you know if I don’t made a correct board installation or I need make other changes or adjust?

The car is a Rover Montego 2.0 Xli of 1993

Thanks you.

do you have photos of it?

Comment

I would guess he is referring to the injet/exhaust manifold gasket which is blowing. I would suspect the manifold may be warped and need its face machining flat again if the correct gasket was used.

Does the EFI have any braces on the inlet manifold like the turbo does?
      www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
      www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
      www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

Originally posted by E_T_V View Post
        I would guess he is referring to the injet/exhaust manifold gasket which is blowing. I would suspect the manifold may be warped and need its face machining flat again if the correct gasket was used.

sounds right, not sure about the braces, the carb ones had them I think, so Efi probably would too, I guess, I'll have a look in the morning, I've got one outside...

Comment

Yes, the injet/exhaust manifold gasket.
          This afternoon I could send you photos .
          Now the damage is low, but in 200 or 300 km go up.
          We have the same problem in the previous gasket.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	621.4 KB
ID:	323755Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	610.2 KB
ID:	323756Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	3.96 MB
ID:	323757Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	589.1 KB
ID:	323758

yes you are right it does have braces, not as many as the turbo though, I've also added a photo of a turbo manifold that was warped....not so easy to check when it is in the car....
            have just refitted this and also noticed that the correct torque for the bolts is not as tight as you would expect, 18 ft .lbf, but I don't know if overtightening would cause it to fail so quickly..
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Doctordiesel77; 6th December 2017, 21:09.

Comment

Frist, excuse me for my English.
              The old gasket is ok. When I go out it I looked the problem.
              I make erroneous installing, I don’t make a correct installation, you can look that don’t press all parts.
              I think it
              Attached Files

Comment

I installed a Spanish reseller gasket, now I install a English reseller and make most force (press or “tor”) .
                You can look the difference in the photos

Do you know the screws “pressure or par” for these?
                Attached Files
                Last edited by josempamplona; 8th December 2017, 02:42.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctordiesel77 View Post
                  {"data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"323755","data-size":"large"}{"data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"323756","data-size":"large"}{"data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"323757","data-size":"medium"}{"data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"323758","data-size":"medium"}

yes you are right it does have braces, not as many as the turbo though, I've also added a photo of a turbo manifold that was warped....not so easy to check when it is in the car....
                  have just refitted this and also noticed that the correct torque for the bolts is not as tight as you would expect, 18 ft .lbf, but I don't know if overtightening would cause it to fail so quickly..
                  Sorry, Doctordiesel77 .
                  18 ft .lbf, is the prees of screws?
                  18 ft lbf is 248,86 Kg cm of torke?
                  Last edited by josempamplona; 8th December 2017, 02:32. Reason: My english is not good, and the thecnical is worse

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	621.4 KB
ID:	323755Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	610.2 KB
ID:	323756Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	3.96 MB
ID:	323757Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	589.1 KB
ID:	323758

I can't look the info.
                    Are these in the manual repair?
                    I'm wating: "HAYNES Austin Rover MG Montego 1984-1995 Petrol WORKSHOP MANUAL 1067" from ebay".
                    I could look it iin thess manual or I need other source?
                    Thanks.

Comment

I think that most of the information you need will be in the haynes manual, making sure that the surfaces are flat is quite important, the one in my photo is from a turbo, and was not flat. It had done exactly the same as your one, I repaired it with milling machine, but it is possible to make them flat by hand, using a concrete floor or paving stone. I'll post photos of the pages from factory manual, just in case it says more than haynes

Comment

I think that most of the information you need will be in the haynes manual, making sure that the surfaces are flat is quite important, the one in my photo is from a turbo, and was not flat. It had done exactly the same as your one, I repaired it with milling machine, but it is possible to make them flat by hand, using a concrete floor or paving stone. I'll post photos of the pages from factory manual, just in case it says more than haynes
                        thnaks

Comment

sorry it took a while to reply, here are all the engine torque settings.. Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT0460.JPG
Views:	73
Size:	3.62 MB
ID:	323863

Comment

I think that somebody might have flattened the exhaust manifold, so that inlet is being clamped tight, but exhaust is not...If you measure the thickness where the bolt holes are, each manifold should be the same. If there is a big difference you will meed to make them the same

Comment

I think that somebody might have flattened the exhaust manifold, so that inlet is being clamped tight, but exhaust is not...If you measure the thickness where the bolt holes are, each manifold should be the same. If there is a big difference you will meed to make them the same
                              OK, I'm understand

Comment

Working...
                              X