td Estate cv joint where to buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• td Estate cv joint where to buy

Hi there I'm running a montego td estate in yorkshire region daily drive and my passenger side driveshaft is getting noisy does anyone know if the 2.0 diesel drive shaft cv joint is bigger on turbo? there's someone selling outer cv joint on ebay which says OK for non turbo !!! I'm wondering if the spline is the same but the joint is less beefy bcos of more hp question is
    would it fit as My td estate car does lite duty but joint is getting noisy and can't find replacement and can anyone advise me on how to fix/ replace/ get parts?? Yours hopefully

This is the larger CV joint for efi and Turbo petrol. I'm not sure about your diesel as i don't one have to compare against. The EPC part numbers are a little vague for turbo diesels and only list diesels but I'm sure mr diesel will be along to confirm or otherwise https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/364056215...Bk9SR7aBhdqZYQ
    If you can measure radius on the outer part that joins to the driveshaft I can tell you if its either a large or normal CV for a 1600/2000 non turbo diesel
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 1st December 2022, 13:22.
    1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
    1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
    1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
    2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
    2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
    2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

I used a petrol turbo / efi one on mine, so assuming that my driveshafts (and yours too !) haven't been swapped around, the one on Jeff's link should do the job..If the one you've seen is listed for non turbo diesel Montego then someone has made a mistake, all the Montegos were turbo diesel, the only non turbo diesels were Maestros, so the one you've seen might be correct. As Jeff says, the parts list isn't as helpful as you'd expect.... If all else fails this firm http://www.cpsdrivelink.co.uk/ were always pretty good, but a bit of a trek up from Yorkshire tho' (unless you are right up in the northern bit...). Also worth checking that it isn't just a lack of grease, it has been known, usually just when boot has split, but I have seen some that had a very mean smear of grease in them.
      Last edited by Doctordiesel77; 1st December 2022, 23:06.

Comment

I have used these before and they seem good, no need to remover the abs ring.
        https://www.jandrcvjoints.co.uk/rove...cv-joint/JR337

Comment

I've used that company above that Robert put up for my sons zs180, can't fault them
          As already stated I would measure the radius as diesel cv's are the same as a 1600/2000 according to the EPC but as Mr diesel says larger have been used on some models which is the link I put up.
          1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
          1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
          1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
          2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
          2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
          2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Turbo View Post
            I've used that company above that Robert put up for my sons zs180, can't fault them
            As already stated I would measure the radius as diesel cv's are the same as a 1600/2000 according to the EPC but as Mr diesel says larger have been used on some models which is the link I put up.
            I had a few of the smaller ones on hand when I did mine (having believed the parts list) , had a moment of horror when I realised they didn't fit (car in bits at this point), followed by relief when I realised I had turbo one spare too. Measuring first would be a good plan ...

Comment

Hmmm well fitted a new wheel bearing and a old spare driveshaft took car for a run and as previously a low moaning sound when turning right and on checking under car bit of oil on drive shaft some rock in inner cv joint in bearing I'm beginning to think this gearbox is jiggered anyone had any experience of this???? I have a spare gearbox but could do with a hand to fit it am prepared to pay some money any one know of anyone in Sheffield s yorks region who could tackle it I've always done these things myself I got this car without engine and box fitted this one but I'm needing help these days ???

Comment

That sounds normal! what oil are you using in the box?

Comment

Hi there just seen this reply I'm just putting stock engine oil in gearbox is this not correct?

Comment

Saw in a post earlier about putting in stop leak to prevent leakage as it's definitely losing oil out of driveshaft seals which I will try I also did top up with semisynthetic and wondering if the seals don't like the stuff it knackered the wet clutch on a triumph 350 bike I've got so getting very wary of new products

Comment

Originally posted by kromidge View Post
                      Saw in a post earlier about putting in stop leak to prevent leakage as it's definitely losing oil out of driveshaft seals which I will try I also did top up with semisynthetic and wondering if the seals don't like the stuff it knackered the wet clutch on a triumph 350 bike I've got so getting very wary of new products
                      I don't think that semisynthetic would do any harm, Rover's last reccomendation for gearbox oil was MTF94 ( https://www.smithandallan.com/produc...ion-fluid-4070 ) which I think is synthetic based anyway.

Comment

The thicker oil will help with the noise and new seal will stop the leak for a while. I have never needed to catch the oil when removing a drive shaft, it has always dropped below seal level.

Comment

Working...
                        X