Maestro 1.3 alternator adjustment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maestro 1.3 alternator adjustment

How do you adjust the alternator belt on a Maestro 1.3? I'm aware of how to it on an A series engine, but on an Allegro where the engine is 180 degrees to the Maestro layout, in this layout the alternator is so close to the wheelarch I can't even see the adjuster bolt, let alone reach it.
    Would I be right in thinking it's easier to access it with the wheel and inner wheel arch removed or is there another recommended method?

Originally posted by ChrisW View Post
    How do you adjust the alternator belt on a Maestro 1.3? I'm aware of how to it on an A series engine, but on an Allegro where the engine is 180 degrees to the Maestro layout, in this layout the alternator is so close to the wheelarch I can't even see the adjuster bolt, let alone reach it.
    Would I be right in thinking it's easier to access it with the wheel and inner wheel arch removed or is there another recommended method?
    Is the alternator at the front or rear? If front you should be able to see the adjustment bracket from the top or bottom of the engine and the adjustment bolt is on the side facing the drivers side inner wing at about 10 o'clock of the alternator if facing it, if rear you will have to remove the front wheel, and plastic inner liner to get to it
    1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
    1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
    1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
    2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
    2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
    2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

Working...
    X