Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TLC
    replied
    No not realy as thats not important for mot its jus a want for my restoration ..But it is so easy to have something go on say the susspenion ect and need something else that is needed when its taken apart so it holds the job up if you can find the part ? or NLA

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Originally posted by TLC View Post
    With the ever decreasing parts avalability is it not time to have a list for at least the MOT bits that are nessercey for it to pass and what is an alternitive part for those that a NLA
    Get researching then, it's very time consuming with no thanks at the end of if. People only want this when they need something, never offer to do it though when it's not needed.
    best of luck with that. I've had parts fabricated, sourced rare parts , bought bulk stock , given info in the past as did Sean and Mal. No one wanted to pay top money and even now some moan about the prices of parts . I for one won't be doing this again , if it's just jacking points you need, it's best to get fabricated and while you're there get a bulk set done to sell on , but be aware you won't make very much and you'll get moaned at trying to cover your costs and make enough to make it worthwhile. If you do get a bulk supply , make sure you post recorded delivery as a few somehow don't get delivered so you actually lose money helping others.
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 15th December 2018, 22:10.

Leave a comment:

• Doctordiesel77
    replied
    Pete Cooper has started on this, right here in fact.. it hasn't quite got to the MOT items yet, so far Pete has put three items on, I've put a couple on and that's it....some will no doubt be to make as they would be unique to the Maestro/Montego..I agree that this is a good idea...but if there are only two people battling with thousands of part numbers and millions of possible alternatives, it may take a while. I guess jacking point is your main area of interest? If I had to guess, I'd say that the actual jacking point will be the same as Metro and umpteen other AR cars, but comes with bracketry that will be to cut off and refabricate, so probably cheaper to make from scratch.
    Last edited by Doctordiesel77; 15th December 2018, 21:37.

Leave a comment:

• TLC
    started a topic NLA parts alteritives

NLA parts alteritives

With the ever decreasing parts avalability is it not time to have a list for at least the MOT bits that are nessercey for it to pass and what is an alternitive part for those that a NLA
Working...
X