Left control stalk and heatshield for 1.6 Maestro HLS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Left control stalk and heatshield for 1.6 Maestro HLS

Hello - I'm looking for a couple of parts and wondered if anyone can confirm the correct part numbers and suggest where I can get them. I have a 1985 Maestro 1.6 HLS. My car has the earlier style fascia. I also have an issue with the car restarting in hot weather and believe that there is a heatshield that can be fitted to stop heat from the exhaust manifold vaporising fuel in the carburretor. I think this might be part number CAM 9331. I've attached a photo of both the stalk and the engine (I believe there was a change of engine series, if that makes a difference). The VIN is SAXXCPWY7AM331164 (it says above it 03111T), Trim SMB, Engine number 16HA35AK0191668. Any help or suggestions welcome. Thanks, Andy

I meant to say that as well as the heatshield I'm looking for a left control stalk (main beam, indicators and horn button). Thanks, Andy

Comment

Whats up with yours,?The part number is BAU 2308, the wash wiper on the other side is BAU 2309, there is a secondhand one on ebay atm but it's expensive https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Austin-Ma...gAAOSw8a1Zt~a1 ive already given you the part number for the heatshield. You could try A E Wilcox in Wickwar, he may have one. When you ring you need the MG parts department and ask for John Wilcox. you will need the part numbers i've given you for him to look up
      Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 19th August 2020, 09:42.
      1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
      1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
      1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
      2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
      2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

Comment

My control stalk went a bit 'floppy', so to speak, so the main beam keeps coming on eg when you indicate. Or go over a bump. I bought the stalk on ebay you mentioned - thanks - still looking for the heatshield. John didn't have one. Thanks, Andy

Comment

Originally posted by andymaestro View Post
          My control stalk went a bit 'floppy', so to speak, so the main beam keeps coming on eg when you indicate. Or go over a bump. I bought the stalk on ebay you mentioned - thanks - still looking for the heatshield. John didn't have one. Thanks, Andy
          You might be better off making a heatshield out of aluminium, with ot without some modern exhaust wrap glued or rivetted on. The old asbestos ones are a delivery/storage/disposal minefield, illegal to re-use, but not illegal to continue to use if already fitted.. As this https://www.ems-asbestos.co.uk/news/...-classic-cars/ explains, having asbestos parts with intent to supply is very similar to having a giant bag of heroin in your glovebox

Comment

OK thanks! Could anyone send a photo of what the heatshield looks like in position, where it goes etc? Or describe exactly? Then I can see if I or anyone can make one. Thanks, Andy

Comment

Heat shield is NLA as i tryed last year however one did turn up in the end Look out on cars being broken or ebay
              Sure & steadfast.
              BMC/BL Rally 2008.First prize 1980s onward.
              1988 Montego Estate 1600L Atlantic Blue From new Daily runner
              1979 Triumph Dolomite 1500HL Pagent Blue From new 76.000 milesNow out of Hibination and into Restoration

Comment

Working...
              X