Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2" lower??

Hi there,

I know it isn't to everyone's cup of tea but I wanted to lower my montego.
    I purchased some 2" lowered springs and the fronts fitted just fine on the original shocks.
    But the rears wouldn't stay in the cups when driven, so I went on the search for adjustable shocks.
    GAZ shocks no longer make them and I've been told by a stockist that the SPAX adjustable shocks are NOT suitable for the 2" lowered springs.

My question to anyone out there is there anyway to get over my problem?.......and NO I do not want to raise the front back up to suit.
    Many thanks for any helpful information you may have?

Mark.

Easiest way is to make a new bracket for the bottom mount, you might need to find stiffer original height springs though. I guess you'll already have fitted a sump guard, they were prone to sump damge even without being lowered

Comment

Looking good. Some changes there already from your first post any more pictures? VW Polo 6n coilovers fit with a little work so are a popular option. And as an added bonus suit any budget. Can get a set of 4 for £190.
      MG Maestro Turbo #500
      BMW 335I M Sport Convertible
      Subaru Impreza Hawkeye Wagon
      Rover 218vvc Coupe

Comment

I've sent pictures to the club for the next club issue of Monstro

Comment

Thanks for the info of polo shocks, what sort of work is required?

Comment

Originally posted by Markymarcone View Post
            Hi there,

I know it isn't to everyone's cup of tea but I wanted to lower my montego.
            I purchased some 2" lowered springs and the fronts fitted just fine on the original shocks.
            But the rears wouldn't stay in the cups when driven, so I went on the search for adjustable shocks.
            GAZ shocks no longer make them and I've been told by a stockist that the SPAX adjustable shocks are NOT suitable for the 2" lowered springs.

My question to anyone out there is there anyway to get over my problem?.......and NO I do not want to raise the front back up to suit.
            Many thanks for any helpful information you may have?

Mark.
            Where did you get the lowered springs from may I ask?

Comment

I bought my lower springs two months ago here https://www.moto-build.com/maestro_montego.html Be careful with lowering the car since the stiffness of the springs are much higher and the car will bounce constantly. I could not get reinforced shock absorbers and opted to ask GAZ shocks to make me a custom kit. I hope I have helped. a greeting

Comment

Working...
              X