Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scotland - Regular Monthly Meeting

Hi guys,
    As with so many clubs there are a lot of events in England that people cant always attend due to the travelling involved. I have notice that quite a few people that have commented on some of the threads Ive posted are from Scotland. I would like to suggest that, if possible, we organise/arrange a regular meet maybe once a month or something so that we can show off our cars, chat about successes or problems and generally have a laugh with like minded folk. If you have any suggestions please let me know and I will do my best to try and arrange it. Let me know if you would be interested in such an event - You can PM me, reply to this post or call me on the mobile 07736459846
    Hope to hear from some of you soon
    Hazel and Ian

Originally posted by WeeMcE View Post
    Hi guys,
    As with so many clubs there are a lot of events in England that people cant always attend due to the travelling involved. I have notice that quite a few people that have commented on some of the threads Ive posted are from Scotland. I would like to suggest that, if possible, we organise/arrange a regular meet maybe once a month or something so that we can show off our cars, chat about successes or problems and generally have a laugh with like minded folk. If you have any suggestions please let me know and I will do my best to try and arrange it. Let me know if you would be interested in such an event - You can PM me, reply to this post or call me on the mobile 07736459846
    Hope to hear from some of you soon
    Hazel and Ian
    Hi there - I would certainly be up for that - with a young family I probably couldn't commit to every month, and as long as you let me tag along even though I haven't got an appropriate car yet!! I am in Dunfermline but happy to travel a reasonable distance, guess we could rotate though. Would also be fun to organise some runs - the local BMW club do 'drive and dine' events with picnic or pub stop etc which seem quite popular!

Andy
    1989 Montego Mayfair EFI
    1989 BMW 316i
    2013 BMW 320d Touring
    2014 Nissan Leaf. Shhhhhh

Treasurer
    Join the M&MOC | Visit the Club Shop | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

Comment

That's great, Just need to get a few more bods together and see if we can sort something. Not a problem that you don't have a car yet its not necessary, just be good to meet up every once and a while. I'm near Falkirk so not far from you but like you would be willing to travel about if it meant more people would be interested. A drive and dine sounds good too! If you know of any others who may be interested but not on the site let them know too.

Comment

Id be up for a meet sometime aswell, il be in a VW though .

Comment

Again not a problem!!! Spread the word the more the merrier!

Comment

Places to meet?

Let me know your suggestions for places to meet. Pubs, restaurants, wherever?

Comment

Let me know your suggestions for places to meet. Pubs, restaurants, wherever?
              South Queensferry is always good - photo opps with the bridges and some good pubs and eateries. The BMW club use the Showcase on the M8 as meeting point and plans runs from there but never been on one. Fat lot of help I am eh?
              1989 Montego Mayfair EFI
              1989 BMW 316i
              2013 BMW 320d Touring

Treasurer

Comment

Cool, Have also posted on Autoshite forum as lots of friendly bods on there too so will hopefully get something sorted soon. South Queensferry could be a good first meet point :-)

Comment

Gourock calling, Gourock calling...
                  Chalk up one more for the meet.
                  Petrol...check
                  Oil...check
                  water...check

Oh did I mention in all this excitement I'm up for it???

Comment

Fabulous - Will keep you posted with progress and final plans
                    Looking good so far :-)
                    What automotive joy will you be bringing (if any) ?

Comment

Fabulous - Will keep you posted with progress and final plans
                      Looking good so far :-)
                      What automotive joy will you be bringing (if any) ?
                      I had thought about the roller or maybe the lambo, but both are in for servicing, so I thought I'd settle for a piece of surburben post modern ironey and take a 1993 1.3 clubman with or without leak I've not quite decided yet.

Comment

Time to formulate the final plan

Right peeps, Time is passing rather quickly and haven't managed to organise this meet yet. Could you contact me directly with day of the week or weekend you would like to meet. There are a few of us now so should be able to sort something out. I would suggest an evening during the week would be a good start possibly towards the end of this month. Can I suggest Wednesday 26th, Thursday 27th or Friday 28th around the 8pm mark as a starting point?? (hubby doesnt get in until 7ish). Seacow, can you check out a specific place in Queensferry for us to meet unless there are any other suggestions?

Comment

Right peeps, Time is passing rather quickly and haven't managed to organise this meet yet. Could you contact me directly with day of the week or weekend you would like to meet. There are a few of us now so should be able to sort something out. I would suggest an evening during the week would be a good start possibly towards the end of this month. Can I suggest Wednesday 26th, Thursday 27th or Friday 28th around the 8pm mark as a starting point?? (hubby doesnt get in until 7ish). Seacow, can you check out a specific place in Queensferry for us to meet unless there are any other suggestions?
                          I agree mid week would be good for a start. I think the Wed or Thursday should be OK but I will check with the boss and PM you!!

Most of my experience in Queensferry is eating with the kids rather than pubs but these two look nice and for both you can park in the main car park near the rail bridge and it should be quiet enough we can get the cars together!

http://www.vintageinn.co.uk/thehawes...sferry/findus/

http://www.ferrytap.co.uk/
                          1989 Montego Mayfair EFI
                          1989 BMW 316i
                          2013 BMW 320d Touring

Treasurer

Comment

The Ferry Tap looks good but that being the case would need to be the Wednesday as they hold a quiz night every Thursday. The vintage in looks quite poash! (posh) from the photos but may not be the case. Im happy as long as we can all agree on a date haha :-)

Comment

Still waitng to hear back from those who originally showed an interest (and anyone else who wants to come). I would like to get this finalised for everyone so if you could let me know ASAP via PM or phone either way it would be very much appreciated Thanks Hazel

Comment

Working...
                              X