Scotland - Regular Monthly Meeting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time and date confirmed ! ish......

Right, calling any further interested parties. Have a few people coming now from different places and would like to finalise details. It sounds like its going to be at The Ferry Tap, Queensferry on Wednesday 26th September at around 8pm. Any more for any more?????

Comment

Originally posted by WeeMcE View Post
      Right, calling any further interested parties. Have a few people coming now from different places and would like to finalise details. It sounds like its going to be at The Ferry Tap, Queensferry on Wednesday 26th September at around 8pm. Any more for any more?????
      I'm in! Per earlier PM and apologies for tardy reply!!
      1989 Montego Mayfair EFI
      1989 BMW 316i
      2013 BMW 320d Touring
      2014 Nissan Leaf. Shhhhhh

Treasurer
      Join the M&MOC | Visit the Club Shop | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

Comment

Reminder

Ok guys, Just a wee reminder about this Wednesday (26th). We are now meeting at the Two Bridges in Queensferry about 7.30/8pm. Should be space in the big car park directly across from the place. Food is served until 8pm and there is a bar area with couches etc. Remember you dont need to have a classic to come and blether. If you just want a wee night out with come along. Hope to see you there. Any problems or if you cant find us I will keep my phone on me and will check for messages or you can just call on the number in the first post.
        Thanks
        Hazel
        Last edited by WeeMcE; 24th September 2012, 21:10. Reason: Change of venue

Comment

Please note change of venue in last post.
          Same street just further along at the big car park.
          Thanks
          Hazel

Comment

Great first meet last night - what a turn out - 9 cars I think including 505 and Maestro formerly known as Vincent Price. Great to meet so many new faces - Hazel great job in getting us all together - looking forward to the next one but we need to do something about being outnumbered by Volvos

And I must say that 505 looks amazing - even in the dark - you done well!!
            1989 Montego Mayfair EFI
            1989 BMW 316i
            2013 BMW 320d Touring

Treasurer

Comment

Originally posted by seacow View Post
              Great first meet last night - what a turn out - 9 cars I think including 505 and Maestro formerly known as Vincent Price. Great to meet so many new faces - Hazel great job in getting us all together - looking forward to the next one but we need to do something about being outnumbered by Volvos

And I must say that 505 looks amazing - even in the dark - you done well!!
              Thanks Andy,
              Really pleased with the turn out. Going by all the comments posted on Autoshite forum the next one should have even more at it. Still, 2 Montegos, a Maestro, a BMW, 4 Volvos, a Citreon and 11 folk aint bad for the first meet. Looking forward to the next one which turns out to be on Halloween (Wed 31st October) Still to decide on venue, if we are keeping it where it is or moving it around, so open to suggestions. Thanks for coming and we will see you soon!

Comment

You nearly got me with "505", couldn't think of any peugeots being there! Doh! Some nice comments and photos of your Beemer on autoshite!

Comment

Originally posted by aldo135 View Post
                  You nearly got me with "505", couldn't think of any peugeots being there! Doh! Some nice comments and photos of your Beemer on autoshite!
                  Yeah I saw those comments - although I guess comments on autoshite are actually the reverse the object being to have the shitest car
                  1989 Montego Mayfair EFI
                  1989 BMW 316i
                  2013 BMW 320d Touring

Treasurer

Comment

Originally posted by seacow View Post
                    Yeah I saw those comments - although I guess comments on autoshite are actually the reverse the object being to have the shitest car
                    Autoshite is really just a place for people to comment on cars that were never held with the highest regard - high spec, top of the range, prestige cars etc Unfortunately this means that they weren't as cherished as they should be thus making them interesting when they show up! There was a lot of love for the BM and dont think you could top Andys Multi tonal Volvo with the Corsa crushed front wing That is true Autoshite!!!

Comment

Autoshite is really just a place for people to comment on cars that were never held with the highest regard - high spec, top of the range, prestige cars etc Unfortunately this means that they weren't as cherished as they should be thus making them interesting when they show up! There was a lot of love for the BM and dont think you could top Andys Multi tonal Volvo with the Corsa crushed front wing That is true Autoshite!!!
                      Thats it, just good to meet people who like older cars, whatever condition!

Comment

I know - my kind of people - probably why I am so Montego / Maestro obsessed these days!! The shag pile Volvo headlining was really my favourite though!!
                        1989 Montego Mayfair EFI
                        1989 BMW 316i
                        2013 BMW 320d Touring

Treasurer

Comment

The 2nd Meet...........

Hello peoples of the random car meet..................

Having had a scout about for another venue I found 2 possibilities.
                          Both are about 2 minutes off the M80 at Auchinkilns junction. Its not as picture sque as the FRB but we cant have it all

***The Craigmarloch Lodge is your typical pub grub place with lots of choice on the menu open till 11pm and has a good sized car park

***Broadwood Farm is a carvery restaurant with carvery mains at £3.99 and a choice of starters and puddings. Also has a good sized car park and open till 11pm.

Not sure about drinks prices but would expect them to be usual price for these kind of places.
                          We are going with the Last Wednesday of the month 7.30-8pm meet so that those on a rota will not contunially miss out as this should vary the number of weeks between meets. CJ is correct in sayin we will avoid December and January for the obvious reasons and hoping to alternate if it suits people unless we find one central venue that everyone is happy with. Very aware those attending are quite spread out and dont want the same people making the long journey with petrol at a premium. Like to keep things as fair as possible.

Let me know what you guys think and we can finalise details and I will pass it on to the other forums i'm on. You can find both pubs through a google search if you want more info.

Thanks

Comment

Hello peoples of the random car meet..................

Having had a scout about for another venue I found 2 possibilities.
                            Both are about 2 minutes off the M80 at Auchinkilns junction. Its not as picture sque as the FRB but we cant have it all

***The Craigmarloch Lodge is your typical pub grub place with lots of choice on the menu open till 11pm and has a good sized car park

***Broadwood Farm is a carvery restaurant with carvery mains at £3.99 and a choice of starters and puddings. Also has a good sized car park and open till 11pm.

Not sure about drinks prices but would expect them to be usual price for these kind of places.
                            We are going with the Last Wednesday of the month 7.30-8pm meet so that those on a rota will not contunially miss out as this should vary the number of weeks between meets. CJ is correct in sayin we will avoid December and January for the obvious reasons and hoping to alternate if it suits people unless we find one central venue that everyone is happy with. Very aware those attending are quite spread out and dont want the same people making the long journey with petrol at a premium. Like to keep things as fair as possible.

Let me know what you guys think and we can finalise details and I will pass it on to the other forums i'm on. You can find both pubs through a google search if you want more info.

Thanks

Hiya looking forward to it. The only spanner may be the kids and trick or treating. Will let you know as soon as I know worst case I make it for last orders! If its like last time it won't be an early finish!!!
                            1989 Montego Mayfair EFI
                            1989 BMW 316i
                            2013 BMW 320d Touring

Treasurer

Comment

Are there any pictures from the meet? I might manage in the future. Might be in a vw though

Comment

Meet decided

Hey the 2nd meet venue has been decided as being , 31st October, between 7.30-8pm at Broadwood farm Carvery Just off the M80 at Auchinkilns junction. (2 Craiglinn Glasgow G68 9AD)

Originally posted by g200mss #146 View Post
                                Are there any pictures from the meet? I might manage in the future. Might be in a vw though
                                There were a couple of photos taken by the volvo owners at the last meet but I dont have any. If you want to see them (albeit theyre quite dark and focus on the volvos) you can go onto the Autoshite forum and look up the thread on Random car meet.

Hopefully see some more of you there!
                                Cant beat a cheap dinner at £3.99 who can grumble!! Great for those coming straight from work.

Comment

Working...
                                X