Maestro Turbo #271 on Car and Classic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maestro Turbo #271 on Car and Classic

Croydon dealer is advertising this for sale. Not many pictures and none give detail, so body condition is unknown. 57K miles and two owners so hopefully it will be ok. Anyone got any knowledge of its history? https://www.carandclassic.com/car/C1422532
    Membership Secretary
    Join the M&MOC | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

1990 MG Maestro Turbo #436 (To keep me occupied in retirement)
    2023 Hyundai Tucson Ultimate Hybrid(Daily run-around)
    1974 Austin Allegro Semi-works Rally Car

You know you are getting old when your knees buckle and your belt doesn't

Now its sold.
    MG Maestro Turbo #500
    BMW 335I M Sport Convertible
    Subaru Impreza Hawkeye Wagon
    Rover 218vvc Coupe

Comment

Any idea what it went for, and who brought it

Comment

Originally posted by Skyliner1 View Post
        Any idea what it went for, and who brought it
        The owner of #315 bought it, presumably for a bit less than the sticker price.

Comment

Who is the owner of #315, maybe he would be good enough to say what he paid for ir. Realise this is personal, but of great interest to all members, so we can keep an eye on what our cars are prospectively worth, and what we should be asking.
          Thanks Dr Diesel77

Comment

What was the sticker price by the way

Comment

Originally posted by Skyliner1 View Post
              What was the sticker price by the way
              I think it was £9,500

Comment

Good evening everyone I own 315 and now 271 the car was up for £9500 I paid £8000 which for a 57.000 miles 2 owners car with service books all stamped up and history is not a bad price and in my opinion a lot less than it’s worth
                as for it’s condition it’s absolutely solid on the sills underneath wheel arches and all underneath and needs no welded anywhere paint wise it’s got little spots here and there were rust is breaking through but not hard to correct
                the only rust that’s going to need a proper fix is on both outer a posts next to the window seals that’s got to be fixed pretty soon before it goes through
                the boot floor we’re they go is in as new condition so overall I’m pretty please with it
                the engine is as sweet as a nut and it has a full stainless steel exhaust the only problem is when you drive it and it comes on boost it bogs down and tries to cut out but it’s done just over 400 miles in 16 years so I’ll get some fresh fuel in it and check for split pipes and work out what’s causing that
                As for values of these ive had far more offered for the white one already but it’s not for sale and I’ve had substantially more offered for 315 which is currently being restored and I’m talking more than what the gentleman who now owns 384 was asking for his car which I understand is in exceptional condition

Comment

Thank you Maestro384. had a good day out to buy #384 from you over 3 years ago. Didnt think the car would make the 240 mile journey home, but it did.
                  Apologies if i caused you any offence recently, not intentional.
                  However, after a couple of years rust had started to show through in quite a few places. Appreciate all the work you did on the car, but took the car to my mate that has been looking after my Skylines for 15 years, and unfortunately, it did need an awfull lot of work. New sills had to be fabricated, all doors had to be repaired, and where the C pillar meets the roof, it was rusting along the weld joint, and tailgate rusting through on lower left corner. but not withstanding, this has now been sorted, and although we all know that a 30+ year old car is going to show signs of wear again, hopefully what i have had done should last for many more years.
                  I have recently uped the agreed value insurance to 18K, but looking at values, maybe this is a bit under estimate. But now the car is upto spec, and once the headlining is done, 4 weeks time, then 384 should be one of the best available, hopefully, and will not be for sale again in the near future, not with the amount of attention the car gets, and being voted best in show recentl

Comment

Sorry again Maestro384, absolutely hated the black wheels, an aquired taste im sure. Will your new Turbo have Black wheels.

Comment

No the wheels are silver on this one
                      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                      X