X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1984 Montego Vanden Plas

Got this email today from a member of the public:

Hi
    my father in law has a red 1984 montego vanden plas, which he wants to get rid of.......it has 20,600 miles on the clock but has been left standing for 6 years... it won`t start and will need to be put on a tow truck. please let me know soon if you want this for spare or repair.

The car is located in Hayes, Middx, near Heathrow Airport. It has been garaged for the last 6 years and is very dirty but will probably clean up alright.....the paintwork is ruined on the roof due to a leak in the roof of the garage...there does`nt seem to be any rust anywhere on the bodywork but i don`t know about underneath...inside the car is ok and will need freshening up.
    If anyone's interested in this car, please PM me and I'll pass on the contact details. This one sounds like quite a rare oportunity to miss.
    You can contact me by clicking here.
    Owner of E760 DRY - Mk. 2 Shantung Gold Maestro Vanden Plas 2.0 EFi

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done. - Sir Peter Ustinov.

I would, but carn't neighbours already complaining I have to many lol... hopefully someone can save such a rare car?

Comment

OMG! This sounds like it could be a pre-EFi early VP with velour interior! Why oh why are all these rare cars coming up all at once? I can't justify another rescue when I've only just got approval on the DLX!
      Last edited by Ed; 3rd September 2006, 16:49.
      1985 Austin Montego 2.0HLS x 2

MONTEGO - THE CAR THAT PUTS THE DRIVER FIRST

Comment

Due to the level of interest, I have emailed the contact to find out more information about the car. Basically:

What's the interior like? Is it leather?
        Does it have a digital dash, or standard instrumentation?
        Does it have alloys?
        Are there any Photos?
        Does he want any money for it?

I'll be in touch with all those who have contacted me soon, as soon as I have more info.

ATB

Simon R.

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done. - Sir Peter Ustinov.

Comment

OK, those with a Montego weakness should look away now. Photos follow:

Last edited by SimonR; 4th September 2006, 15:02.

Comment

I'll be in touch with the interesed parties this evening

SR.

Comment

Don't look Ed. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Velour
              1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
              1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
              1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
              2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
              2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
              2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

too far for me i know t would make a nice car age and mileage hmmm i agree with you jeff one for ed possibly

Comment

*Holds hand over ears so he cannot hear, singing "LA LA LA"*

It does look very solid and it is a pre-EFi as seen in the Montego launch brochure!!

Thank god its not Oporto Red! Any one else interested in this beast?

Comment

Originally posted by Ed
                    *Holds hand over ears so he cannot hear, singing "LA LA LA"*

It does look very solid and it is a pre-EFi as seen in the Montego launch brochure!!

Thank god its not Oporto Red! Any one else interested in this beast?
                    *Goes to fetch Mrs Doyle*

I would love something like that myself just for the challenge of getting it sparkling as new - the difference would be staggering.

A very nice original car there, well worth saving. Let's hope it finds an enthusiastic new home.
                    Steve Worsley

R514 RVJ - 1998 Rover Maestro 1.3 - Restoration
                    VX12 EBG - 2012 MG-6 GT 1.8T SE - Stored
                    J209 PEL - 1991 Rover Maestro 1.3 Clubman - Running

Comment

Originally posted by MaestroSpecial
                      A very nice original car there, well worth saving. Let's hope it finds an enthusiastic new home.
                      It looks very good doesn't it. That car is going to shine when its cleaned up. I should imagine a day or twos work will have that looking fantastic!! The roof damage doesn't look that bad either, it looks like it might just be mould.

Comment

Wow!

That car would look so good after recomissioning and restoration. I love Targa Red - and this is on an early VP too!

Someone has to save it - even if it is just to give it a clean up and to asses it before rehomeing it again...

Don't let it go to the crusher!

Comment

Well I am prepared to offer the car a new home if I haven't already been beaten to it. Steve Smith has offered to help me collect it with his trailor. I know there were other interested parties (hopefully intending to restore, not break for parts) so we will have to see.

Comment

go on ed n steve suchh a rare find.

Comment

Originally posted by wee golda
                              go on ed n steve suchh a rare find.
                              I'll certainly give it a go, although I still don't know who else was interested, they may well beat me to it.

Comment

Working...
                              X