No announcement yet.

1984 Montego Vanden Plas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love stories like this! Old cars being dragged from their slumber and finding their way into the hands of enthusiasts.

That car looks lovely, and yet another from the original line-up saved. I cant wait to see some pictures of it after a wash and all that dust has gone.

Good work, everyone!

Comment

well when ed turns up at my work today hopefully we shall be giving her a well deserved clean and polish she shoudl come up really well even under that dirty and dust u can see her shine i am so pleased with her just gotta get her a new exhaust and 2 replacement wing mirrors thank god i saved her really she was going to (dare i say) crushed in a few days if we had not of picked her up. more pics will follow ...

Comment

Under the dirt it looks in pretty good condition. Even the headlining hasn't sagged to much, can't believe it was going to be crushed. We wanna see it at a show soon Steve.
        1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
        1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
        1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
        2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
        2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
        2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

more piccies

these where taken today and only after a wash and polish still got ****e loads to do rear brake overhaul needs doing and a service as she is smoking a bit. any ideas guys?
          Attached Files

Comment

Oooh she's lovely Steve

Comment

Looks great Steve! Kinda sad I didn't go and get her myself now but atleast there is no danger of the scrapyard now! :laugh:
              1985 Austin Montego 2.0HLS x 2

MONTEGO - THE CAR THAT PUTS THE DRIVER FIRST

Comment

That's really nice. It's amazing what people throw away - but then, most look at the market value and compare with costs to get it professionally fixed.

Did the patch on the roof come out OK - it looked like it was only mould rather than rot.

Steve H

Comment

it has come off that green bit have now got both front windows working but i do need an early switch for the one touch window i have repaired it but its not great have sorted the smoke out now and given it an oil change the rear brakes need doing shoes where not very well .

Comment

Looking mega good Steve

Comment

Ed posted:
                      By the way, I have literally just got home after collecting the Military Police Monty from Manchester... Yes I AM mad.
                      and you did'nt think to call in on you're way home??

Ed, I am dissapointed!

Nice Monty btw, well saved!

LOL

Mal.
                      Last edited by MG MAL; 14th September 2006, 15:19.

Comment

just finished the service on the vp today but shes still smoking abit while idling also got the windows working was down to a switch being knackerd well i did sit down and take it apart and replace teh springs that where past there best now it all works ok am booking mot for next week .
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by steve smith; 16th September 2006, 13:18. Reason: adding new pics

Comment

MOT is booked for next wednesday fingers crossed she passes first go

Comment

Good work, Steve. Looks to have come up a treat. Good luck with the MoT, too.

Steve Worsley

R514 RVJ - 1998 Rover Maestro 1.3 - Restoration
                            VX12 EBG - 2012 MG-6 GT 1.8T SE - Stored
                            J209 PEL - 1991 Rover Maestro 1.3 Clubman - Running

Comment

Originally posted by steve smith
                              MOT is booked for next wednesday fingers crossed she passes first go
                              Good luck with it, will be 'on the road ' soon at this rate

Comment

MOT

just to let u guys know just got back from the mot she failed on one steering rack gaiter shes due back in at 8.30.am for her retest teh mot guy did coment on the condition of her he say best oen hes seen in ages.

Comment

Working...
                                X