No announcement yet.

1984 Montego Vanden Plas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well if ed doesnt i will take her on make a nice set an a b and a c reg monty will some one please stop getting these early ones out i have a weak spot for them .:laugh: :laugh:

Comment

Well, I'm happy to let Ed and Steve sort it out between them so I will relinquish my place at the front of the queue.
      There's only 2 cars on my wish-list, an early Monty with the electronic instruments (B reg MG?) and a good-to-almost mint diesel estate. Should you hear of either, please email / PM me.
      midget1380@btinternet.com

Comment

Originally posted by mgdavid
        and a good-to-almost mint diesel estate. Should you hear of either, please email / PM me.
        Arn't we all !

Comment

Originally posted by Ed
          Well I am prepared to offer the car a new home if I haven't already been beaten to it. Steve Smith has offered to help me collect it with his trailor. I know there were other interested parties (hopefully intending to restore, not break for parts) so we will have to see.
          Go on Ed, you know you want it. It would be lovely to have more picks from whoever actually picks it up. Whether it be Ed/Steve or someone else.
          Im just loving all these early ones coming out the woodwork.
          Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 5th September 2006, 14:26.
          1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
          1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
          1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
          2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
          2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
          2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

Originally posted by steve smith
            well if ed doesnt i will take her on make a nice set an a b and a c reg monty will some one please stop getting these early ones out i have a weak spot for them .:laugh: :laugh:
            It would be nice to have a set, but then there's no point if they don't run!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Turbo
              Go on Ed, you know you want it. It would be lovely to have more picks from whoever actually picks it up. .
              Well Hopefully, whoever picks it up won't mind me tagging along with the camera. I would like to take some detailed photos and hopefully convinse the new owner to write a bit in Monstro for it....

We'll see.
              You can contact me by clicking here.
              Owner of E760 DRY - Mk. 2 Shantung Gold Maestro Vanden Plas 2.0 EFi

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done. - Sir Peter Ustinov.

Comment

Thanks MGDavid, I hope we didn't step on your toes at all.

Right Steve, get your trailor ready, I have an e-mail from the owner saying "come and take it away" so COME ON!

By the way, I have literally just got home after collecting the Military Police Monty from Manchester... Yes I AM mad.
                1985 Austin Montego 2.0HLS x 2

MONTEGO - THE CAR THAT PUTS THE DRIVER FIRST

Comment

no problemo - good luck with it.....
                  midget1380@btinternet.com

Comment

Ed. Are you taking the white Monty to pick it up? I am just a little envious that you now have the VP but no space at my Inn

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Turbo
                      Ed. Are you taking the white Monty to pick it up? I am just a little envious that you now have the VP but no space at my Inn
                      All depends on the MOT tomorrow. Steve has agreed to use his diesel Maestro to tow the trailor. Lets hope it has enough grunt! :laugh:
                      1985 Austin Montego 2.0HLS x 2

MONTEGO - THE CAR THAT PUTS THE DRIVER FIRST

Comment

well i am pickign her up at 10 this morning shes going in my garage till i get time for her already got new bits waitign to go on and new tyres to

Comment

Originally posted by steve smith
                          well i am pickign her up at 10 this morning shes going in my garage till i get time for her already got new bits waitign to go on and new tyres to
                          I take it you've got it now Steve? Is this for keeps?

Comment

Yep steve has got it sitting in his garage now. I got to see it toaday and its very nice.

If only i had a car trailer and the space!!

Comment

yeah shes mine now have got her runnign too runs like new just need to sort out a new cam belt and a new cap and rotor arm as old ones are past it a new thermostat is needed to as is the rad switch i also found out that a 1.6 "s" series fuel pump fits the early 2.0 engine great i know now just need top get her back out of the garage and clean her up . simon r will post some more pics up of her later hopefully but more to follow from me tomorrow.

Comment

Yeah, I met Steve at the house at about 10:30am and in no time at all, it seemed, the Montego had moved for the first time in 6 years.

Steve had already managed to get the engine to fire although it wouldn't run due to a faulty fuel pump so the Maestro TD was used to yank it from its resting place, and after a few feet the rear brakes freed off and the car could be pushed the rest of the way, out of the drive and onto the trailer.

All the photos are available here.

Hopefully Steve can upload some more in due course - he phoned me at about 6pm with the engine running!

One to whet your apetite:

So: a pat on the back to Steve for saving the car, and also a huge pat on the back to the Club - this is what it's all about. This Montego was on its way to the scrap man but the existence of the M&MOC means it'll be back on the road in the hands of an enthusiast! Woo hoo!
                                Last edited by SimonR; 10th September 2006, 18:42.
                                You can contact me by clicking here.
                                Owner of E760 DRY - Mk. 2 Shantung Gold Maestro Vanden Plas 2.0 EFi

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done. - Sir Peter Ustinov.

Comment

Working...
                                X