Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1989 MG Montego 2.0i - Atlantic Blue

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Austin-MG-...item23359af998

Has to be extremely rare in this colour. Off the road 10 years with a non-running engine. What do we think? This is 5 mins up the road from me so will try and view to get some better pictures and assess the body and engine situation.
    1985 Austin Montego 2.0HLS x 2

MONTEGO - THE CAR THAT PUTS THE DRIVER FIRST

Depends on the price he actually wants for the car and spares. Looks like a good base for a project thought. Long as she i solid underneath then an engine swap or camshaft change should get her going again in theory!!!!
    Morris Marina 1.3sdl 78
    Morris Mariana 1.3l 79
    Morris ital 1.7slx 83
    Morris Ital 1.7hls 80

Long Live Bls tin

Comment

Going to view it on Friday. I'll get a good look at the body work but not sure how much I'll be able to find out about the mechanicals. Will take lots of detailed pics.

There is a reserve on the auction so it'll be difficult to gauge what this could be without asking directly.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
        Going to view it on Friday. I'll get a good look at the body work but not sure how much I'll be able to find out about the mechanicals. Will take lots of detailed pics.

There is a reserve on the auction so it'll be difficult to gauge what this could be without asking directly.
        If you do get it I have a very good 2.0 engine sitting in this Monty I have for spares bud if your interested? O-series

Comment

Originally posted by tonyrs View Post
          If you do get it I have a very good 2.0 engine sitting in this Monty I have for spares bud if your interested? O-series
          Thanks! Although I'm not planning to get it myself. The plan is to find out more about it and post better pics in the hope someone else will want it. I do like it though, I'm very much in love with the colour.

It's screaming out for its original grill and boot/lid/spoiler though...

We'll see!

Comment

Very interesting car with the best interior IMO. I would have much preferred this model to the facelift!! It does say there is a recon engine that comes with the car

Comment

Haven't seen one that colour for years but looks a good project for someone.
              Interested in your pictures Ed
              1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
              1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
              1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
              2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
              2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
              2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

Clearly the red carpet and seat-belts are from an earlier car, but would you keep them or change back to standard?

I'm starting to get sucked in! I hope this car is a lemon, so I'll be off the hook!

Comment

...and bidding has started! 3 bids, and up to £165... It's going to be hard to estimate how much this one will go for...

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                    Clearly the red carpet and seat-belts are from an earlier car, but would you keep them or change back to standard?

:
                    It would be a no-brainer for me An MGM without red carpets and belts just seems incomplete!
                    1983 (Y) MG 1600
                    1985 MG EFi with digital dash (owned since 1987)
                    1987 700 City 1.6 Van
                    1988 Tandy camper 2.0D
                    1990 Advantage, just 29k on the clock
                    1990 Clubman D
                    1990 MG 2.0i (spares donor)

(all Maestros)

Daily drive: Rover 25 GTi

Weekend rave: Honda Civic Type R GT

Current projects: Allegro 1.7HLS, Allegro Equipe

Comment

wow that looks nice, brings back memories of my first ever MG Monty, same reg, colour etc

Comment

Mk1 back lights, and other items point to this being one of the last pre facelift cars.

I dare say the late grill and bumper may have been added at a later date.

That being said, red carpets and belts although rare for a car of that year, they where still an option although rarely chosen.

I have had a couple of the last of line F plates built during the face lift period, which where still essentially Mk1's, but with the odd Mk2 bit thrown in.

Comment

Originally posted by PatrickIngham View Post
                          wow that looks nice, brings back memories of my first ever MG Monty, same reg, colour etc
                          Going to see it in the morning!

Comment

Originally posted by MG MAL View Post
                            Mk1 back lights, and other items point to this being one of the last pre facelift cars.

I dare say the later grill and bumper may have been added at a later date.

That being said, red carpets and belts although rare for a car of that year, they where still an option although rarely chosen.

I have had a couple of the last of line F plates built during the face lift period, which where still essentially Mk1's, but with the odd Mk2 bit thrown in.
                            My experience of pre-facelift and post-facelift F reg MG Monties is that the earlier ones were more rust resistant. Strange that.

Comment

This was Patrick's car which was bought by my pal Ricky.

http://maestro.org.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=5738

Comment

Working...
                              X