Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gti

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by bigrct View Post
    WTF? I'd agreed a price and was supposed to be collecting Monday!
    I assumed the deal must have fallen through. It's pretty poor form on the seller if he's listed it on ebay after agreeing a sale. What are you going to do?
    1985 Austin Montego 2.0HLS x 2

    MONTEGO - THE CAR THAT PUTS THE DRIVER FIRST

    Comment


    • #47
      I've had this before, as a seller had been messed about loads he still listed the car on eBay as a back up to my collection.

      I still bought the car and the seller was just out of pocket the listing fee.
      Current Fleet.

      1981 Metro 'S'
      1985 Metro MG Turbo

      1986 Maestro MG (GOING TURBO)
      1989 Maestro MG Turbo '#370'

      1988 Montego MG Turbo 'SAD'
      1988 Montego MG Estate 'F700'

      1995 Land Rover 110

      2004 Rover Streetwise Td

      Comment


      • #48
        You collected it then bud??

        Comment


        • #49
          I'm not buying this one, it was just an experience I had with the same sort of thing buying a different car.

          It's local enough but I have way too many projects on the go at the moment to consider another.
          Current Fleet.

          1981 Metro 'S'
          1985 Metro MG Turbo

          1986 Maestro MG (GOING TURBO)
          1989 Maestro MG Turbo '#370'

          1988 Montego MG Turbo 'SAD'
          1988 Montego MG Estate 'F700'

          1995 Land Rover 110

          2004 Rover Streetwise Td

          Comment


          • #50
            I'll go a bit higher through eBay than what I thought we had settled on, after that they can suck my **** quite frankly.

            Comment


            • #51
              This went for good money considering it needs work to put back on the road. Who won it? I hope it stays on the radar so to speak.
              1985 Austin Montego 2.0HLS x 2

              MONTEGO - THE CAR THAT PUTS THE DRIVER FIRST

              Comment


              • #52
                It made a fair price for an untested car.

                going to need at least that again to make it right.
                After spending some time looking over the pictures, it will at least need the following.

                Passenger wing
                Passenger rear arch.
                Paint to passenger doors (scuffed)
                Possible replacement drivers door (looks to be going in back corner)
                Possible drivers rear arch.

                Various paint rectification in other area's.
                Head Liner etc.

                For such a rare model, it would be worth the new owners while to do it, but we shall have to see.

                Comment


                • #53
                  Saved £135 from my original offer!

                  Not seen it in the flesh, so hopefully it isn't too bad. I see a lot of potential though and paintwork etc isn't something I'm bothered about, if it needs paint it needs paint. I'm afraid I do have some subtle upgrades in mind but nothing irreversible. Saying that I don't have any plans to sell it back on for a good few years so will be more of an evolving project. And it leaves money in the kitty to still send my van to SPL

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by bigrct View Post
                    Saved £135 from my original offer!

                    Not seen it in the flesh, so hopefully it isn't too bad. I see a lot of potential though and paintwork etc isn't something I'm bothered about, if it needs paint it needs paint. I'm afraid I do have some subtle upgrades in mind but nothing irreversible. Saying that I don't have any plans to sell it back on for a good few years so will be more of an evolving project. And it leaves money in the kitty to still send my van to SPL
                    Congratulations! Really looking forward to hearing more about it when you pick it up!
                    1985 Austin Montego 2.0HLS x 2

                    MONTEGO - THE CAR THAT PUTS THE DRIVER FIRST

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Just finalising collection, hoping my recovery guy can pick me a metro van up along the way haha!

                      Really itching to get my hands on, though I'm about to transfer more than twice what I paid for the car for some new wheels for it so it's already chewing it's way through my account :/

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ROVER-MONT...ht_1054wt_1141
                        1985 Austin Montego 2.0HLS x 2

                        MONTEGO - THE CAR THAT PUTS THE DRIVER FIRST

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          re monty

                          so where are we going with this monty/one minute is been sold and now relisted on e-bay.can some one update the story

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            I'm selling my Efi

                            As I've been messed around by some chap is anyone interested in my black Efi? It's moted till may 2015 just needs the rear arch's blown in as they are black but not laquered if any interest call me on 07809503177. Located in Birmingham

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Are you keeping the Turbo now then Tony?

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Turbo

                                Yes I'm keeping her for a bit longer, as well as its on the MG90 timeline next week

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X