• Show
Clear All

• Gti

Anyone seen the gti on gumtree?

link ?
    MG Maestro turbo 437
    367 Bhp

Comment

A bit more info would have been useful. I'm assuming it must be this then -

http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-m...#photo-content

Comment

Yes that's it! Sorry I don't know how to put the link on here with this iPad,not that computer literate.lol sorry guys.

Comment

Black!!!! WANT!!!!

Comment

that's very nice and very rare, could be an excellent project

Comment

Originally posted by mrjones View Post
              Yes that's it! Sorry I don't know how to put the link on here with this iPad,not that computer literate.lol sorry guys.
              Then it's about time you learnt mrjones
              1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
              1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
              1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
              2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
              2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
              2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

A black GTi saloon? It will almost certainly be the only one left. It must be saved... *runs and hides in the corner*.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Ed; 12th May 2014, 17:29. Reason: Added Pictures
                1985 Austin Montego 2.0HLS x 2

MONTEGO - THE CAR THAT PUTS THE DRIVER FIRST

Comment

Last tax disc ran out in 1999...

Comment

Doesn't look a bad car at all this, rare model and black aswell, I have to admit it is a little bit tempting.

Comment

Originally posted by MGMatt View Post
                      Doesn't look a bad car at all this, rare model and black aswell, I have to admit it is a little bit tempting.
                      If you are tempted Matt, that'll get me off the hook! The best Montego I ever drove was a GTi...

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                        If you are tempted Matt, that'll get me off the hook! The best Montego I ever drove was a GTi...
                        I've got to get myself off the hook aswell Ed! I get too easily tempted and I have enough as it is!!!
                        Sounds like it's right up your alley though!

You mentioned earlier - Do you think this is the only Black GTi left?

Comment

Originally posted by MGMatt View Post
                          I've got to get myself off the hook aswell Ed! I get too easily tempted and I have enough as it is!!!
                          Sounds like it's right up your alley though!

You mentioned earlier - Do you think this is the only Black GTi left?
                          I don't recall seeing a black GTi saloon ever, so knowing that there are hardly any GTis left, I wouldn't be surprised if it is the only black one left. It may have been an option to have it in black?

This one has massive potential. If it's been garaged since 1999, it could be totally solid and if the engine is all ok, what a great project!

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                            I don't recall seeing a black GTi saloon ever, so knowing that there are hardly any GTis left, I wouldn't be surprised if it is the only black one left. It may have been an option to have it in black?

This one has massive potential. If it's been garaged since 1999, it could be totally solid and if the engine is all ok, what a great project!
                            The only GTi saloon I notably remember seeing in the flesh was a Flame Red one for sale at a car dealers in Brighton in 2000 which was the last year I had anything to do with Montego's before joining here over 3 years ago. It was in mint condition and up for £3995 at the time but I could'nt really afford to have that one aswell as the K-reg one I had actually bought.

I'll agree with you that this could no doubt be the only black one left and would like to think that with the car being garaged for the past 15 years that the bodywork is still sound. Only way to find out is to go and see it ofcourse.

I'm not sticking to my brief of only having the MG versions if I considered this car but a rare variant is always something to think about!

I think you've sold it to yourself more than me Ed!!!

Comment

Anthony had a look at this car and ...........
                              The car is £500 ono
                              114,000 miles on it and the owner died not so long ago.
                              Apparently in very good condition.
                              1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
                              1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
                              1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
                              2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
                              2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
                              2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

Working...
                              X