Gti

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jeff Turbo View Post
    Anthony had a look at this car and ...........
    The car is £500 ono
    114,000 miles on it and the owner died not so long ago.
    Apparently in very good condition.
    The price seems reasonable to me.
    1985 Austin Montego 2.0HLS x 2

MONTEGO - THE CAR THAT PUTS THE DRIVER FIRST

Comment

Originally posted by MGMatt View Post
      The only GTi saloon I notably remember seeing in the flesh was a Flame Red one for sale at a car dealers in Brighton in 2000 which was the last year I had anything to do with Montego's before joining here over 3 years ago. It was in mint condition and up for £3995 at the time but I could'nt really afford to have that one aswell as the K-reg one I had actually bought.

I'll agree with you that this could no doubt be the only black one left and would like to think that with the car being garaged for the past 15 years that the bodywork is still sound. Only way to find out is to go and see it ofcourse.

I'm not sticking to my brief of only having the MG versions if I considered this car but a rare variant is always something to think about!

I think you've sold it to yourself more than me Ed!!!
      Yep, seen lots of red, silver, white, BRG GTis in the past.

I am tempted but I'm also insane.
      Last edited by Ed; 10th May 2014, 13:41.

Comment

Can't see it staying long there at £500
        They had the car running but the fuel pump packed up apparently
        Arches look ok so you have to assume the rest is
        1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
        1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
        1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
        2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
        2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
        2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

Argh! Where do all these examples keep coming from! I'm supposed to be a recovering addict!

I have messaged the seller and am looking at quotes for transport. That doesn't mean I'm going buy it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
            Argh! Where do all these examples keep coming from! I'm supposed to be a recovering addict!

I have messaged the seller and am looking at quotes for transport. That doesn't mean I'm going buy it.
            Bad bad bad Ed
            1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
            1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
            1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
            2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
            2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
            2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

Well you have got a lot further than me then! See you've sold it to yourself now! You can also help a fellow addict by doing him a favour and swiftly removing this item from sale!

Although I am and was tempted as it seems a solid car I ought to leave it and utilise my storage options incase something I really can't say no to comes up. Plus I've got my black MG to come very shortly so really should stick with that.

Comment

Originally posted by MGMatt View Post
                Well you have got a lot further than me then! See you've sold it to yourself now! You can also help a fellow addict by doing him a favour and swiftly removing this item from sale!

Although I am and was tempted as it seems a solid car I ought to leave it and utilise my storage options incase something I really can't say no to comes up. Plus I've got my black MG to come very shortly so really should stick with that.
                I do love the GTi model and one in black is very special, but I can't justify it myself. However if the car is in danger of not surviving then I'll save it.

If anyone else really wants it, please don't be put off by my enquiries.

I do have a Montego sized space available for it though...

We'll see...

Comment

I do have a Montego sized space available for it though...

We'll see...
                  ....how long it takes for that Montego sized space to be filled with this car!!!!

Comment

This is a rare one and I hope someone on here saves it,I used to have a gti estate many moons ago what a car it was too.

Comment

£500? Can you message me the owners details I need this badly!

Comment

Doh just seen number option on the advert. Think I'll have this, I'll have to send my van bodyshell for dipping next month instead!

Comment

Originally posted by bigrct View Post
                          Doh just seen number option on the advert. Think I'll have this, I'll have to send my van bodyshell for dipping next month instead!
                          Yay! Go for it!!!

Comment

I would say if anyone is interested to sort it soon just incase they do break it, knowing what most yards are like.

Comment

Hope you go for this car mate, sounds good and certainly has to be saved.

It will certainly stop me thinking about it and you'll be doing Ed an even bigger favour by easing his addiction by the sounds of it!!!!

Comment

Let us know how you get on! I don't think I'll be able to relax about this one until I know it's safely in the hands of "one of us".

Comment

Working...
                                X